Which php caching for XenForo ?

What are you system specs?

APC is less to do with disk space and more to do with ram (and cpu). If you're just starting out, normally the default is good enough.

VPS with 2x CPU priority and 1.5 GB granted ram.

WHen years ago vps provider installed e-accelerator in the old VPS they said me "i have changed from /tmp to user folder the folder to write cache in order to have more space and don't full /tmp". So i'm guessing now with APC how much space should i need and if i had to ask to the new techy guys to do the same work (change cache destination folder)

Generally speaking, I always thought it was a bad idea, to run TWO opcode caches at the same time? (Xcache and APC in this case)
I've never read a guide where both should, or have been installed together

Generally speaking, I always thought it was a bad idea, to run TWO opcode caches at the same time? (Xcache and APC in this case)

I'm not running 2. I turned off e-accelerator and turned-on APC.

No I was referring to Adam Howards' recommendation earlier.
It really depends on the configuration. Like yourself, I normally only stick to 1 cache option (typically APC).

But in the few times I've help someone setup CentOS with cPanel (as the OP is using), it seems 2 adds to the advantage. Notably, beyond my own doing; I've seen a lot of people also configure and recommend such configuration (here on XenForo, vBulletin, IPB, phpBB, and even on cPanel's own support forum).

As to why 2 seems to work better under that setup... Don't know. But without aggressively tweaking things, it does. It's one of those "odd thing" to which I've come to accept (I assume it's a cPanel kind of thing)

PHP:
$config['cache'] = array(
    'enabled' => true,
    'frontend' => 'Core',
    'frontendOptions' => array(
            'caching' => true,
            'automatic_serialization' => false,
            'cache_id_prefix' => 'you_prefix_',
            'lifetime' => 18000
    ),
    'backend' => 'Xcache',
    'backendOptions' => array(),
    'cacheSessions' => true
);

NOTE: If you have suPHP, you're better off with file cache and should forget xcache altogether

PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = '/path/to/cache';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] ['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

I would suggest 1 configuration to that
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xcache-config-for-dummies-like-me.29137/#post-338222

I don't understand this config option.
Code:
$config['cache']['backendOptions']['hashed_directory_level'] = '1';
Do you think that this is better option from caching in file in cache dir or what?
I use this cache config
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] ['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = '/path_to/internal_data/cache/';

I'm trying to access the APC statistics panel (apc.php file) but i got a blank page. I already doublechecked ownership and permission of file, that i copied in the webserver root of one of my sites.

Top Bottom