Which Dragonbyte Tech Addon Would You Rather See On Xenforo?

Which Addon Would You Prefer on Xenforo?

• Total voters
Forumon RPG... http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252869

Lite Feature List:

Advanced Battle System: A battle system more advanced than any ever before seen on a forum RPG. Incorporating tactical elements such as movement distance and Action Points, as well as a vast array of different attacks, including ideal ranges, ineffective ranges and different Action Point costs, as well as Focus/Stamina costs and boosts from other stats.

Monster Breeding: A breeding system which allows players to choose their own monsters, from feet up to head, including a choice of any hex colour for each part! Basic breeding allows players to safely create above average monsters.

Super Fine Control: Fine tune the EXP players get with our variety of user-friendly options which do not sacrifice depth. Create many areas for players to do battle in, and create the exact monsters you wish them to face.

Gotta Catch em All: Players are able to capture monsters and use them in battle, or use them to breed super powerful combination monsters!

Items: Provide your monsters with a boost to their stats with usable items that can be dropped from enemy monsters.

Regular Updates: New features such as NPCs, Shops, Quests and more will be added on a regular basis.

Extra Pro Features:
Special Monster Breeding: Use special breeding to create potentially incredible specimens, but resulting in the death of both parents!

Unlimited Possibilities: A monster combination system so in depth that with the addon pack installed it gives over HALF A GOOGOL of potential combinations & colours.

Configurable Monster Roster Size: Control just how many monsters a player can have in their roster via the settings.

Mass Add Enemies: Allows you to quickly create a large number of enemies to spawn in a certain area of your choosing.

Import / Export Data: Created an awesome game you want to give to a friend, or sell for money? With the Import / Export feature, sharing your game is easier than ever.

Complete Feature List
  • Front-End
    • General
      • Dynamic context menu offering you menu choices
      • List of your monster stables
      • List of monsters
      • Choose active monster
      • Choose your starter monster
      • Breed your monsters
        • Requires 2 monsters you're not using as your active monster
        • Create new, more powerful monsters from breeding
    • Healer
      • Heals your monster stables to full health
    • World Map
      • Modern map point selection or list-based view
      • Choose an area to visit
      • Areas
        • Hunt for enemies
          • Modern AJAX-based battle system
          • Detailed information about all your available battle actions
          • Grid-based combat
          • Combat log
          • Advanced AI
  • AdminCP
    • General
      • Separated from vBulletin AdminCP in order to facilitate non-admins as RPG Game Masters.
      • Fully permission based
    • Main Settings
      • Control all settings
      • Repair Cache
    • Users
      • Search for, edit and delete player's monsters
    • Difficulty Settings
      • Create, edit and delete various types of difficulty settings to fine-tune the EXP rewards from enemy monsters.
    • Moves
      • Create, edit and delete various moves, each with fine-tuned cost and damage done.
    • Species
      • Create, edit and delete various species of monsters, allowing great control over their development.
    • Items
      • Create, edit and delete various items, and add them to monsters' loot tables.
    • Enemies
      • Create, edit and delete various enemy monsters, and place them in your created areas.
    • Starter Monsters
      • Create, edit and delete specific monsters that your members can choose from at the start of their journey in Forumon RPG.
    • Map Legends
      • Create, edit and delete map legend icons that'll be displayed on the World Map.
    • Areas
      • Create, edit and delete various areas where you can put monsters that players can hunt for.

Probably the mod of ours i'm least happy with to be honest. It's such a huge system that to properly update it will be a couple of months of work. Finding space for that in the schedule has been tricky.

Well it's what I voted for! I first purchased it back when Zero T made it.. Get on it.. snap..snap..

As for a shop, there are several in the making. Much rather see DBT bring other mods to the table.

Well it's what I voted for! I first purchased it back when Zero T made it.. Get on it.. snap..snap..

As for a shop, there are several in the making. Much rather see DBT bring other mods to the table.

Totally different to the Inferno RPG, just in case you werent aware. This one is about catching/breeding/fighting with groups of monsters rather than the traditional "go on a quest and equip a sword" style of RPG Inferno :P

Totally different to the Inferno RPG, just in case you werent aware. This one is about catching/breeding/fighting with groups of monsters rather than the traditional "go on a quest and equip a sword" style of RPG Inferno :p

Oh, did not know that! I had thought you took it over, same as shoutbox. I had left vB shortly before ZT had, so never followed up. So yours is more neopets like? raise the pet.. fight it in the neo arena etc?

I have to agree with DBTech, pretty much he was asked to participate in both discussions as he was purposedly called and tried to explained his reasons, and just because it's about money or they really are just waiting some time because they want to make a living out of this and not have a hobby everyone flips out. I don't understand why, he gave legitimate reasons, which he doesn't even NEED to do.

I just think people should take a step back and think before you post, it's really sad to see this attitude towards a company that has already talked about considering, learning and waiting until they can afford it. It's just business, it's not something personal from what I can see.

Everyone starts giving out comments and opinions just like it happened on the lawsuit, everyone knows everything!

And I did vote for the shop too. :)

I just think people should take a step back and think before you post, it's really sad to see this attitude towards a company that has already talked about considering, learning and waiting until they can afford it. It's just business, it's not something personal from what I can see.

It becomes personal when someone spreads lies to his customers about his inability to participate in the xF add-on market. To say it's because the environment here is too hostile and venomous for developers is a flat-out lie. The irony of life... you receive what you give.

It becomes personal when someone spreads lies to his customers about his inability to participate in the xF add-on market. To say it's because the environment here is too hostile and venomous for developers is a flat-out lie. The irony of life... you receive what you give.
I just looked over Decado's posts in the "What's next for DBTech and XenForo" thread on our forum, and I'm finding it difficult to find the post where he said that the community was the reason.

What I'm seeing is two separate types of posts; One type saying that the community is hostile (something that has been demonstrated here by people who continuously attempt to spread misinformation and blatantly ignoring Decado's clarifications), and another type saying that the financials don't add up to make it worth it.
In the thread that got locked, I also saw him posting that while the community and financials are separate beasts altogether, when put together, a hostile community makes it even more difficult to take the financial hit.

Personal opinion regarding the community aside - there's clearly very different opinions going around regarding the community, and I respect your right to disagree with us on that - I'm still faced with the issue that I cannot find a single post to back up your accusation that Decado has lied to our customers by saying that the reason why we are unable to participate in the xF add-on market is because the community is too hostile and venomous.

Feel free to correct me, though. English isn't my first language, so maybe I've missed some nuance in a post of his that you picked up on :)

Fillip

I just looked over Decado's posts in the "What's next for DBTech and XenForo" thread on our forum, and I'm finding it difficult to find the post where he said that the community was the reason.

You know, Fillip, or whoever is behind the shared DragonByte Tech account now, I don't care. You guys (you, Decado, or whoever) made it clear what you think of this community or else why do think it is that people didn't approach you with a smiling face? Decado, or whoever is or was behind your account at that time, made it also clear that you lack developers who are familiar with the MVC pattern. Fair enough, but hiding this fact by discrediting this community, by discrediting individual developers, shows very poor character. I've never used any of your products; certainly, your uber-marketing guy Decado did a wonderful job in making sure I never will.

For the record: All previous posts, except the ones signed by me (Fillip, co-founder and Programming Director of DBTech), were written by Iain - even if he didn't sign all of them.

EDIT: Didn't see Mike's post.

Fillip

Top Bottom