1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where will name of my forum show up in forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by garry420, Feb 4, 2014.

1. garry420

garry420 Active Member

where will name of my forum show up in forum?
    and where will the word "xenforo" and its link shown in the forum ?
    I need to know these basics before buying..I don't have extra 250 dollars to remove branding right now

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

There is a copyright within the footer at the bottom of your page.

3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

It reads: Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your forum name will show in the URL, page title, logo, browser tab and various other places.

They just happened to all XenForo here as that is the name of the forum.

As @oman has said, only the copyright link would remain XenForo.

oman likes this.
  5. garry420

garry420 Active Member

so that means it will remain only on the footer and nowhere else ?

6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Yes, the only visible branding will be in the footer. (y)

7. garry420

garry420 Active Member

well if its small one than its OK but if its bigger it might hurt my hardwork...sadly removing it is even more costlier..

8. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

How?

9. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

You don't need to make it any bigger. Even if you re-style your forum, providing you keep the link (at the size it comes as standard) you'll be fine.

Your members won't even notice it after a short while - they'll be too interested in browsing, reading and posting to worry about the copyright notice. (y)

10. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

And the code (it's all over the place, so even for people who are getting "Branding Free", it's not really it).

11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The product description clearly describes what happens when you purchase it:

12. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with it. I just mentioned it in general since other forum software companies offer the same "branding free" option, but they also erase the name of the software from the code.

13. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

I did actually notice that and have a problem with it at first. Since I am a brand free license holder I was appalled to see xenforo written just about everywhere else because the previous brand free product I had bought made sure there was no mention of it anywhere including the file names and folders. But I did get over it. Love the software truly. And like everyone said the brand free is at the bottom. You can see how it looks if you scroll down to the bottom of this page.