1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to put Quantcast JS tag for every page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by craigiri, Oct 14, 2012.

1. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

As the title says, where is the best place to insert the JS code for an outside measurement service- I want this to load with each and every page similar to google analytics.

It's a standard javascript tag.

Should I just paste it in the footer template? Or is there a better way to put it in another file and then include it. Again, I want it to execute in every single page load of any type possible in XF).

2. James

James Well-Known Member

There's a js template you can include it to. I think it might be page_container_js_body or something along those lines... there are dedicated JS templates though.

Alternatively, you can place it in page_container, header or footer.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. craigiri

Thanks! I didn't know if there was a preferred modular approach which would make it get through upgrades, etc. easier!

4. James

James Well-Known Member

Nothing put into templates will get through upgrades, minus extra.css (as far as I'm aware).

5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Put them in the footer. I use QuantCast before and removed it. Little benefit since I already run Analytics.

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

you can make a simple addon to place it there , that will survive upgrades

7. craigiri

They are about 2+ months behind in updating my unquantified site, so I'm gonna give it a try and see if it updates quicker.