Where to find Xenforo Coder ?

SonnyCooL

Any customize coder around ?
i need something to be customize ...
or any section i can post job request (with fees off course)
Very new user with xenforo
thanks

I guess a moderator moved your thread to the right section for you.

You should generally specify what you need (even if briefly) and your budget for developers to send you offers and further details.

thanks and sorry, me too new in this forum ....
i will post my my requirement here soon :) btw i don't even know how to reach here :)

The question should be where to find a good and honorable developer, that accepts to work hourly as does the rest of the world.

They all want quotes, small fix, 100$, add-on $1000 etc etc ..

Best reason I've heard "because imagine I go home and find a solution to a very complicated add-on while i'm on my free time" :ROFLMAO: as if we're developing the next spaceX rocket or he actually thinks about my add-ons on his free time !

I'm at my fourth developer now, they all break stuff, leave them unfinished and leave..

Mehdi

The question should be where to find a good and honorable developer, that accepts to work hourly as does the rest of the world.

Best reason I've heard "because imagine I go home and find a solution to a very complicated add-on while i'm on my free time" :ROFLMAO: as if we're developing the next spaceX rocket or he actually thinks about my add-ons on his free time !

I'm at my fourth developer now, they all break stuff, leave them unfinished and leave..

Mehdi
A lot of developers charge hourly. I personally charge hourly at Apantic for custom development. For some developers, it is cheaper to pay for a project though since you won't be paying for hours where the developer is confused or something.

I think you're choosing bad developers if you're being left with broken add-ons and being abandoned.

A lot of developers charge hourly. I personally charge hourly at Apantic for custom development. For some developers, it is cheaper to pay for a project though since you won't be paying for hours where the developer is confused or something.

I think you're choosing bad developers if you're being left with broken add-ons and being abandoned.

May be, but so far my experience has been very bad, now looking for the 5th developer, tons of $ wasted, plenty of unusable stuff, and some broken memories from the last one... even wondering if it was smart to base a business on xenforo, the entire ecosystem doesn't seem business oriented at all.

Mehdi

May be, but so far my experience has been very bad, now looking for the 5th developer, tons of $ wasted, plenty of unusable stuff, and some broken memories from the last one... even wondering if it was smart to base a business on xenforo, the entire ecosystem doesn't seem business oriented at all.

Mehdi
There are plenty of great developers in XenForo. As with *any* industry, there are also bad developers who look for a quick pay and leave you with something broken. This is the same for every single industry. You should follow reviews and gut instincts to choose a good developer. More reputable developers with more at stake, especially smaller ones, will care more about you as a customer (general business rule). I think you just chose some bad developers.

Mehdi
absolutely right ....
i received a few quote from euro 1650 to usd 5000 for creating custom API, i think that is ridiculous on pricing .....

even wondering if it was smart to base a business on xenforo, the entire ecosystem doesn't seem business oriented at all.

I can see where you're coming from but this problem is pretty common with every ecosystem/platform these days. We heard and seen a lot of bad stuff happening in IPBoard, Drupal, WP etc. XF developers and service providers are usually more accountable if client's really realize the potential of this platform. If you had a bad experience with the developer you should share it on this forum, the same way people share their good experience as testimonials.

Also clients should always align their expectations according to the budget and resources offered to the developer. If you're going to hire a one man who got another full day job - then you should expect less communication & slow progress but obviously a cheaper price. On the other hand if you're paying a premium price to a company you got all the right to demand a better communication & higher quality product. Doing a SLA for communication & quality is not a big ask really. Also try to write a document of requirements and even demand a wireframe or mockup of what your end product is going to look like.

May be, but so far my experience has been very bad, now looking for the 5th developer, tons of $ wasted, plenty of unusable stuff, and some broken memories from the last one...
This is really unfortunate and I'm sure this thing not only wasted $$ but a lot of precious time as well. If I was you, I was not going to start this project again with a new developer until I know everything about that person/company. That includes what kind of work pattern they got, size of their team, their existing projects, what's their project failure ratio etc.

Top Bottom