XF 2.2 Any pointers on where to find pagination?

Saphira

We installed the comment plugin and have an issue with pagination. Since the developer isn't responding as fast as I would like (lol), I'm trying to look into it myself. Being new to Xenforo and not having done much PHP either, any pointers as to where I can find the right code to modify would be great.

Issue explanation:
Forum list pagination is ok, example
1701337863859.webp

Thread pagination is not ok, example of same thread
1701338034518.webp

Anyone an idea in which piece of code this thread pagination is done?

Thank you guys in advance for any pointers.

By now, I managed to install Xenforo locally on my computer.

I set the number of posts per page lower than 20, to facilitate debugging, and weirdly enough, the first comment didn't break the pagination. I started adding more comments, just to see, and miraculously, the issue popped up when the number of posts plus comments exceeded 20 in the thread.

So I think it's safe to say that the pagination for the thread (the 2nd screenshot in my opening post) uses a number of posts per page = 20 despite the setting of the board, which it shouldn't do... But even so, it doesn't fully explain the problem, since comments shouldn't be counted at all.

(The only add-on is the comments one, so it can't be conflicting add-ons either, which was also a possible route).

I'm digging deeper and keeping you updated on my progress.

Last edited:
Question: Could this be related to the class TemplateRebuild (Src > XF > Job)? I have the impression that "Rebuild" classes have to do with listings and indexing, could be for pagination. It's a class that isn't overridden by the add-on, I believe, whereas it maybe should for list of posts in a thread. Am I looking in the right direction?

I'm getting the feeling this so far is a one-man (or one-woman) show, but, any progress is progress... :)

Top Bottom