• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Server issue  Where is the Zend/Feed/Writer/Extension/DublinCore/Feed.php?

Pepelac

After update to Beta 6 there is an error with all forum's rss feeds.
Zend Loader cannot find Zend/Feed/Writer/Extension/DublinCore/Feed.php file.
There is no such file in the installation archive...

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It works here (click on any of the RSS buttons) and we don't have that file either. Do you have a full back trace? (See the server error log in the admin CP.)

Pepelac

Error:

An exception occurred: is_readable() [<a href='function.is-readable'>function.is-readable</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/php/Zend/Feed/Writer/Extension/DublinCore/Feed.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (... skipped .../html/tmp:/... skipped .../subdomains/... skipped ...) in /... skipped .../subdomains/... skipped .../library/Zend/Loader.php on line 198

Backtrace:
Code:
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
is_readable() in Zend/Loader.php at line 198
Zend_Loader::isReadable() in Zend/Loader/PluginLoader.php at line 389
Zend_Loader_PluginLoader->load() in Zend/Feed/Writer.php at line 166
Zend_Feed_Writer::registerExtension() in Zend/Feed/Writer.php at line 252
Zend_Feed_Writer::registerCoreExtensions() in Zend/Feed/Writer/Feed/FeedAbstract.php at line 86
Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed_FeedAbstract->__construct() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php at line 26
XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 212
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
And here is a screenshot of contents of the zip archive
xenforo_1.0.0-Beta-6_xxxxzip Folder.jpg

There is no such file...

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
open_basedir restriction in effect

This is an issue with your server configuration, unfortunately. There are a couple changes here, but most likely your PHP include_path has a value that is outside your open_basedir, which doesn't really make sense to be honest.

That is simply how this particular ZF component works.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You should either change your include_path via .htaccess or contact your host. (If you can tell me the value for both the include_path and open_basedir values, I could likely tell you what the issue is.)

Kaiser

When I was upgrading some files kept failing to upload and that was one of them, I had to requee the files from the failed transfers and then later they all uploaded.

Romchik®

You should either change your include_path via .htaccess or contact your host. (If you can tell me the value for both the include_path and open_basedir values, I could likely tell you what the issue is.)
Changed, this is ok now...

edit:
nevermind

Cool

for me is it not ok.

1) a clean install with xf 1.0.0 Beta5 then the rss is ok and shown.
2) a upgrade to xf 1.0.0 Beta6 then the rss shows: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
3) a clean install with xf 1.0.6 (full version) then i get the error as described in the first post

so in this case it´s hard to believe on a missconf. server otherwise it wont work with xf 1.0.0 Beta5

DSF

for me is it not ok.

2) a upgrade to xf 1.0.0 Beta6 then the rss shows: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
3) a clean install with xf 1.0.6 (full version) then i get the error as described in the first post

so in this case it´s hard to believe on a missconf. server otherwise it wont work with xf 1.0.0 Beta5
Excakt the same her!
xF, please do not talk about missconfig. Thats nonsens

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
What are your open_basedir and include_path values set to? If you're include_path sets a value that isn't inside the open_basedir, that's really a misconfiguration. You can change your include_path via the .htaccess.

The reason it changed between beta 5 and 6 is that we actually maintain your server's configured include_path now; previous versions overwrote it entirely. So really, we were working around a misconfig.

Dav

for me is it not ok.

I am having the exact same issues and errors with my rss feeds