XF 1.4 where is moderator ban permission?

dethfire

All I can see is "Ban users from replying to a thread". I have mods who can't seem to ban a user even though they have max permissions from what I can see. Where is the normal ban user permission?

Banning is an administrator function.

hmmm not for my community. I would think other big dynamic boards would agree. When I tested the permissions for my moderator, I was shown the ban option in the member card. Is that a bug?

You can however set up a warning action which will ban members.

I'll look into this, but I fear it just bogs down my moderators work flow. We ban lots of members.

What kind of bans do your moderators need? If it's mainly spam, moderators can ban a spam account via the Spam Cleaner (that's an user group permission).

Then won't I have 30 admins listed? Kinda confusing :)

Kind of, but you could make a note on a piece of scratch paper or document saying which admins have all permissions. Then you'll know that the rest are only moderators who are administrators with banning permissions only.

ok, i'll have to have an addon created, thanks
Why don't you just create a new warning, call it lets say Permanent Ban, set the warning points to 100, then create a new warning action and choose 100 points as your threshold, when your moderators want to ban someone all they need to do then is click 'Warning' and select the 'Permanent Ban' warning action and this will then Ban a user, much simpler and cheaper than having someone create you an addon for it.

Why don't you just create a new warning, call it lets say Permanent Ban, set the warning points to 100, then create a new warning action and choose 100 points as your threshold, when your moderators want to ban someone all they need to do then is click 'Warning' and select the 'Permanent Ban' warning action and this will then Ban a user, much simpler and cheaper than having someone create you an addon for it.
That works if you don't want to temp ban someone for a custom amount of time. Which we use quite a lot.

You can still setup a points threshold for a temp ban, it's pretty versatile, I've got different point thresholds that result in the various temp bans from 24hr, 48hr, week, month and then a permanent ban.

You have the option for mods to award their own points.

You can still setup a points threshold for a temp ban, it's pretty versatile, I've got different point thresholds that result in the various temp bans from 24hr, 48hr, week, month and then a permanent ban.
Yeah but doesn't that then take a global effect? I don't want all my members to get 4 chances before they are perma banned. Just in certain cases. This all would just be easier if they added a simple ban permission for mods :)

Also it looks like IP user search is only for admins too. Can you tell I'm coming over from vb? :D If I give them admin access then I need to give them user access for ip search, but then that gives them access to a whole host of other things I don't want them to have.

That's the results of when they reach certain points thresholds on my site, you set yours to what you want, read this and watch the video, once you've set things up it's straight forward

https://xenforo.com/help/warnings/

You can give them admin access by going to Users > Administrators and check the boxes for what you want to give them access to.

Top Bottom