Where do you edit the post bit?

Rukiri

I'm currently looking for the CSS file or templates to change the appearance of how my posts look, I like xf but pute white kinda hurts my eyes.. Of course this can be modified which is what I'm trying to do.

A Picture says a thousand words so I hope this will help, I'd obviously wouldn't have the edges round but more boxed shaped.

I'm also looking to change every other posts bg color as well, so for example.
The first post would be the normal color, the second would be a darker color, and it continues in that pattern.

Attachments

• postbit.webp
    postbit.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 121
I'm currently looking for the CSS file or templates to change the appearance of how my posts look, I like xf but pute white kinda hurts my eyes.. Of course this can be modified which is what I'm trying to do.

A Picture says a thousand words so I hope this will help, I'd obviously wouldn't have the edges round but more boxed shaped.

I'm also looking to change every other posts bg color as well, so for example.
The first post would be the normal color, the second would be a darker color, and it continues in that pattern.
Postbit is message_user_info (I think).

As for alternating colors you can use :nth-child(even) to change colors on evenly numbered children.

If you use Friefox and Firebug, you can determine the main template being used for each page.
This is from the FAQ:

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

You can also identify the CSS classes being used and you can either edit the classes directly in the templates, or look for the @property tags which will more or less identify which part of the Style Properties system relates.

For example, something like this can be done in a few seconds:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/an-idea-for-the-xf-skin.12535/#post-165503

If you use Friefox and Firebug, you can determine the main template being used for each page.
This is from the FAQ:

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

You can also identify the CSS classes being used and you can either edit the classes directly in the templates, or look for the @property tags which will more or less identify which part of the Style Properties system relates.

For example, something like this can be done in a few seconds:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/an-idea-for-the-xf-skin.12535/#post-165503
Opera also has an included developer tool (Dragonfly) which can be accessed by right clicking an element and selecting 'Inspect Element'.

Top Bottom