1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I add / modify user registration terms ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I can't see an obvious place to add user registration terms - there's nothing on the User Registration page (where you'd expect to find it?) - could someone kindly point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a phrase.

3. CyclingTribe

Thanks, found it: terms_rules_text

There were quite a few with "terms" in and nothing with "registration" that seemed obvious.

Which leads me to my next question: Are the site rules and guidelines in a phrase too (and if so which one)?

Cheers,

4. Brogan

You can search the phrases using actual content - just enter the text in the lower Text Contains field.

5. CyclingTribe

Yeah, thanks, I realise that - I was looking for separate "Registration" and a site rules phrases - but it appears there is only the one.

Cheers,

6. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

Is it 'safe' to modify the phrase terms_rules_text in situ or is this phrase likely to be regressed in the event of an upgrade?

7. Brogan

Any phrase can be modified to suit.

If any are updated between releases, you will see a list of all outdated phrases and then will have to revert and reapply your edits.

Modified templates and phrases are never automatically overwritten - it requires action from you to resolve any which are marked as outdated.

GeeksChat likes this.