MG 2.0 Where did the add/remove watermark button go?

rfc0001

In XF 1.5 there was a little water drop icon to add/remove watermark if you had permissions to add/remove watermark on own media, or add/remove watermark on any media (I have both as admin). In XF 2.0 I'm not seeing any option to add/remove watermark. Watermarks are enabled in Options > Media Gallery and I've verified my permissions. Am I missing something? Can someone post steps and a screenshot of where this is? Thanks.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Moderators will see a checkbox in the top left corner of each media item. Similar to threads, and posts. Clicking it will display a bar with moderation options. That can be used to add/remove watermarks.

Users can "moderate" their own media items including watermarking if they have that permission but it is only accessible via the "Your media" page.

rfc0001

OK, thanks. FWIW, that's not intuitive. I would expect the moderation checkbox on the photo itself, not under ... options. I looked for this for a good 10-15 minutes and never noticed it, despite clicking on .... Also, still a functional regression from XF 1.5 with no end-user button. Obviously users aren't going to have moderator permission.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The checkbox is on the photo itself on the list of media. You may have to hover over it to see it.

Normal users don’t need moderator permissions - the checkbox appears for them too on their “Your media” page.

rfc0001

The checkbox is on the photo itself on the list of media. You may have to hover over it to see it.

Normal users don’t need moderator permissions - the checkbox appears for them too on their “Your media” page.
Good to know about Normal users.

My feedback was regarding inline moderation on the individual photo page. I missed it despite looking for it (since it's hidden at the bottom of the ... menu). Most checkboxes for moderation are immediately below the content (or a checkbox on the photo itself). Hiding it in the ... menu is un-discoverble IMO.

rfc0001

The difference is the majority of what I need to do as an admin is in the ... menu for threads (honestly, I never noticed the "select for moderation" menu there either and never had a need to use it; I think the "select for moderation' menu in both Threads and Media is equally undiscoverable). A more discoverable solution for both users and mods would be to move the Watermark/Unwatermark funtion to the ... menu for Media.