XF 1.2 where can I find setting for default alert

Do you mean something like the registration defaults? There's no control over it -- all users will have all alerts enabled by default.

Yes, reason being is that i have a test install and just noticed that by default it is not set for me to be watching threads i create or reply to. I have imported from ipb so wonder if it has taken values from ipb. If this was the case i wanted to return all users to default.

Registration defaults can be set via the control panel options, but it doesn't include the alert preferences stuff.

When you import, as many options are brought over as possible.

Yes, reason being is that i have a test install and just noticed that by default it is not set for me to be watching threads i create or reply to.

That can be set in the default options:

ACP > Options > User Registration > Default Registration Values: Watch threads when creating or replying [Yes | Yes, with email | No]

However, I'm not sure if it will be applied during import or if it will only apply to new users who register after the import (I presume the latter!).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Thank you yes i think it is the later by the looks of it. I think i will have to ensure is set them correctly and back to default in ipb before moving over

Thank you yes i think it is the later by the looks of it. I think i will have to ensure is set them correctly and back to default in ipb before moving over

When I moved over from IP.Board I just posted some "How to ..." threads (with screen shots) to explain where all the new account settings were - and left my members to set them up for themselves! It only takes a minute to do. (y)

Top Bottom