Where can a user access his uploaded attachments?

Learner

I just came across a scenario, a user was uploading some pics as attachments to the thread he was creating, he realized that the pictures were not relevant and that he uploaded them from the wrong folder.. ( they were personal vacation pics ) so he didn't post the thread and stopped.
So he asked me as to where are the attachments uploaded by a user are stored?
how can a user see all his attachments and change the content ?

Please answer as I think it is a valid question..
Thanks a lot .

I can start a new thread with this - but does anyone here know exactly the scheme XF uses for storing images? That is, if I want to see the images (download them) from the past month...or X time, etc. how exactly does XF sort them all out in it's default scheme.

I like to download all the attachments over a certain file size every month or two and dig through for additions to our gallery. I know I can view them through the ACP, but just want to know what the XF scheme is....

thanks!

I wonder if orphaned attachments get pruned regularly. As stated in the OP, he never created the thread. So do those attachments just sit out there in limbo?

I doubt this highly. XenForo does not even prune orphaned posts and threads if you delete a forum node. One of the many things were XenForo is lacking an important feature

However we have customized the addon mentioned above to allow people to delete their own attachments. It is not very difficult and does what we need.

Attachment Management for users is another important feature XenForo lacks.

yes, unassociated attachments which were uploaded, but never inserted in a post(cms page, blog, article, whatever contenttype you're using) will be deleted via a cronjob (cleanup cronjob)

Thanks, I installed the addon mentioned and it works as said, it shows the user his attachments, but I did not find a delete option there..
Maybe I missed it.
and as for this feature, this is a much needed feature, the users attachments should go into a gallery of some sorts and thus the user will have the power to delete them or use them again, the main problem is that is the attachments are uploaded and somebody wants to use them again he or she has to keep searching for that thread to link that attachment. noting major but a time consuming job nonetheless.

Ti thank you all again, for your replies :D
I doubt this highly. XenForo does not even prune orphaned posts and threads if you delete a forum node. One of the many things were XenForo is lacking an important feature

However we have customized the addon mentioned above to allow people to delete their own attachments. It is not very difficult and does what we need.

Attachment Management for users is another important feature XenForo lacks.

Top Bottom