When will 1.2 Beta be released?

MikeMpls

I have just completed a highly scientific study of all XenForo releases (full suite only, not special products, patches, nuts, bolts, etc.) since the dawn of time.

Given 1.2's apparently stablity, there would have been a small chance of it being released today (Friday) but I must discount that given that they will be grappling with all those pesky signatures on Friday. Brogan thinks it will be easy, but I'm sure that several will have to be cornered & forced into submission.

Artist's conception of Brogan​
engaging a recalcitrant signature​

Which brings us to Tuesday ... 58% of their releases have been announced on Tuesdays.

The backup date is Thursday, with 23% odds based on historical evidence.

A small number of releases have also been announced on Wednesdays & Fridays. Apparently nothing much happens on Mondays & weekends.

So don't blink today, but keep an eye on Tuesday. :D

I know EXACTLY when XenForo 1.2 it will be released.

But its an inside secret so you have to promise not to tell anyone. It will be released when it is ready to be released. Remember, mums the word. You can't go running of telling everyone that. :whistle:

:p

More waiting is required

tumblr_m8v40tH1Sp1r9asvpo1_400.jpg

The Answer can be found here at the very bottom of the first post.

So, when are we going to see this all? Well, we're hoping to have 1.2 running here on XenForo.com in early June. The initial beta release will follow, based on how well the time on 1.2 goes. The final release of 1.2 would be wholly dependent on how the beta process goes.

Looks like Mike is working every Day on it so soon :sleep:

Given 1.2's apparently stablity, there would have been a small chance of it being released today (Friday) but I must discount that given that they will be grappling with all those pesky signatures on Friday. Brogan thinks it will be easy, but I'm sure that several will have to be cornered & forced into submission.

Because UPDATE `xf_user_profile` set `signature` = ''; is hard... :D

Still about 40 or so bugs in the bug forum. I'd guess it would be a goal to get that right down and release it when not as many bugs are coming in daily.

Still needs more oven time :)

I hope it gets out before it gets too dark

I want need it now!!! 3.gif

There's too much to do once the first public beta is released

check new features , how do they work, how i can use them in addons and how can i customize them
  • Code event speed improvements
  • Parsed BB code cache
  • new editor
  • New general-purpose system for long running processes
  • xen:callback
  • the small change in the routes
creating imports (if needed) for the unnecessary addons

removing of the unnecessary addons.
And there's so much to do and there's no timewhite rabbit.gif because i have to change my priorities in 1.5 months bebe19.gifSmilie_Baby_22.gif
I hope i'll be able to upgrade everything before Q2 2014 / XF 1.3

BTW, this is the offtopic forum:p => don#t take this post toooooo serious

Last edited:
BTW, this is the offtopic forum:p => don#t take this post toooooo serious

Oh, I am taking this VERY seriously. I find myself going to my "Customer Area" several times daily to see if I can download the 1.2 Beta yet.

On FlyerTalk there were always folks who checked theeir frequent flyer accounts more times a day than most of us, so we came up with the expression "Not obsessive by FT standards".

I'm sure I'm not obsessive by XF standards. :)

heh heh.... this thread is like hearing "are we there yet?" from the kids on a long journey. *reaches round to clip random people round the ear with an irritable "we'll be there when we arrive, shut up!"* ;)

heh heh.... this thread is like hearing "are we there yet?" from the kids on a long journey. *reaches round to clip random people round the ear with an irritable "we'll be there when we arrive, shut up!"* ;)

That's what it's like over in that other place who's name I forget. I made the mistake of dropping into their licensed customer feedback forum last weekend and figured a good case of amnesia is the only way to get over it.

That's what it's like over in that other place who's name I forget. I made the mistake of dropping into their licensed customer feedback forum last weekend and figured a good case of amnesia is the only way to get over it.

No, over there the sat nav has ran out of charge and they're lost in the woods somewhere currently.

Top Bottom