1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed When updating a phrase, you need to change the text to update version

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Vincent, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

When updating a phrase, you need to change the text, even if the given line is correct in your lang.

So, for example, if in Dutch a phrase is already correct, but in English just a typo was fixed, than we need to specially edit the Dutch phrase before it moves away from the "Outdated Phrases" page.
    soloarquitectura likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is really intentional, though I suppose it doesn't work perfectly for your case. It doesn't trigger the version number update if you don't actually change anything in the phrase, which makes sense logically. It's a useful thing in the master languages, but maybe we could just keep it there.
  3. Vincent

Yeah, in master language it is useful. But it's rather annoying in non-master languages.
    soloarquitectura likes this.
  4. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Right, I always change the outdated phrase a bit and then change it back to get it out of outdated phrases. Not a big deal really.
  5. Vincent

It still is quite annoying I think.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Changed it so those rules don't apply if you're not in the master language/style.
    Vincent and soloarquitectura like this.