When to start the Social media before going live.

Blue chummer

Hi Guys

Hopefully about 1 month till my worlds best saltwater fishing forum goes Live.

Had some questions about how and what to start with social media as well as other suggestions regarding building big interest BEFORE the site goes live?

I Have already got a twitter and Facebook page as of yesterday. Logos and such are in design process now , I should have them next week sometime. I already am a very active poster on other somewhat similar fishing communites.

What would you do as far as a "pre grand opening" blitz on social media ? with the goal obviously to build the interest of the site?

thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Blue Chummer

Well, first i would test all my forum's funtions before opening. Maybe hire a few friends for a complete testing.

Next, just spam your logo and forum in all social sites you know.

If you have time, you can contact little or local fishing bussiness or related and offer them to advertise in your site and viceversa for free.

For your grand opening, i guess something like a lottery, which the winner will get a free premium membership o something like that.

You can also create fake users and post in your own threads, because at your first month i guess your forum will have no activity at all and your future guests will say "dead forum" and run away.

I hope this can help you and sorry for my english.

Luther - your English is better than mine and I live in US :)

I love the idea of putting it on all the social sites and going nuts with it. As well as a grand opening prize for something.
I can imagine its hard starting up a forum when it looks dead in the beginning. Its a tough situation getting momentum and traction.

That is why I am looking for a head start. thanks for the help

Hi Guys

Hopefully about 1 month till my worlds best saltwater fishing forum goes Live.

Had some questions about how and what to start with social media as well as other suggestions regarding building big interest BEFORE the site goes live?

I Have already got a twitter and Facebook page as of yesterday. Logos and such are in design process now , I should have them next week sometime. I already am a very active poster on other somewhat similar fishing communites.

What would you do as far as a "pre grand opening" blitz on social media ? with the goal obviously to build the interest of the site?

thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Blue Chummer
I do big-time social media. Always have a viable product before starting advertizing.

FaithFirst- When you say you do "big time social media" what do you do exactly. Any help is appreciated. Looking for some fresh ideas. thanks

Just don't make the mistake of creating too many forum sections. I'd start with just a few and then add more as you grow. This way you don't end up with 20 forum sections that only have two posts in them.

Top Bottom