XF 1.2 Some questions for test site before going live

msolano

Hello:

a week ago I bought Xenforo (I'm using vb4) and I installed and migrated data in my test site.

I'm testing with my supermoderators and some fake users the functions. The test site just have Xenforo, Resources and Spanish language translation.

My questions are:
1. I use Social Groups in my forum. I didn't see any option to Import that social groups. Is it done in other import option? (I used Tool/Import/Import Externa data)

2. I use vbCMS to post articles. I read that they were imported as a section with the articles as threads but I didn't find anything. Did I miss something?

3. When tagging someone no alert is displayed. I tried with user that have spaces in the username, user without spaces. Other Alerts are shown. I checked user Alert Preferences and Home/Options/Performance. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstood what 'Receive an alert when someone Tags you in a message' means? What can I check?

I had a weird message when Importing data, but the document where I had the message is corrupted. Next time I migrate I'll ask about it (I have imported data two times and it occured in both but in different data group migration).

1 & 2: If there is no comparable destination, data isn't imported. As for alerts, how many people is your user group permitted to tag?

1&2: I just have Xenforo. Is there any way to import social groups & vbCMS when using Tool/Import/Import Externa data?

3: oooooooook... The setting is 0 (n) Thank you.. changing and testing this one.

On an import, you'll always want to verify permissions. The importer does it's best to translate them, but it's not perfect.

As for the extra data, you will need to look for an add on.

Top Bottom