Not a bug when FB-Connect deactivated, FB pulls User-Avatar-og.png image

You don't need Facebook connect enabled, but no open graph tags will be output unless you specify an app ID or one or more admins.

Otherwise, FB will simply give a list of images on the page - the avatar is likely the first one. Nothing untoward here.

Thanks Mike!

So is it also required to enter the FB-App-ID into the XF-ACP, or is it just required to create a FB-App (without entering the FB-App-ID into XF) in order to get this working?

The manual explains what needs to be added: http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/

In order to participate in the Open Graph you must provide some extra information, which can take the form either of an Application ID, or the user IDs of one or more Facebook users who are authorized to act as administrators for the pages within the Open Graph. Both of these values can be set within the Facebook section of options within the XenForo Admin Control Panel.

yeah, but once you enter the "FB-App-ID" into the ACP of XF, then it shows the "Facebook-Login"-button.
But I do not want to allow users to Login via FB.

I just want to have the main logo "logo.og.png" to show up for my website when somebody enters my Website-URL into a FB-comment-box.

I have entered my FB User-ID (FB App Admin) now, but not entered the FB-App-ID.

For the moment, it still does not work properly and FB is still pulling some User-avatars.

I guess now it is "let`s wait and see" ?

Top Bottom