Fixed When canIgnoreUser returns false, a user can't be unignored

Affected version

Xon

If \XF\Entity\User::canIgnoreUser returns false, but the user is ignored; that user can not be taken off a user's ignore list.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Are you sure? The \XF\Pub\Controller\Member::actionIgnore checks whether the user is currently being ignored before checking the canIgnoreUser method.

Xon

The unignore button is only rendered if canIgnoreUser returns true, that is templating removes the display option

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yeah I think the logic is wrong here. I think in XF 1.5 it's if is ignored / show unignore button / else if can ignore / show ignore button clearly in a mood today where writing pseudo-code is more palatable than writing real code 🤔

Xon

My workaround for my live site is to just do isIgnoring || canIgnoreUser and just let them tank the "you can't ignore" error message if they unignore someone then try to ignore them again. Quick too :p

XF Bug Bot

XenForo bug fixer bot
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.4).

Change log:
Show the 'unignore' button for users that can no longer be ignored
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.