What's your rating of Xenforo?

iTech278

Hello XenForo community!

I was curious to find out: On a scale of 1 to 10, what is everyone's opinion on XenForo? I've heard good things as well as bad things about it. Based on the demo I tried, I like it a lot! I may purchase it in the future!:)

6.5/10 - There are still many things I don't like about the xenforo the sub forum dropdown menu for example, loathe it infact and hope to see a subforum manager backend system so we have a choice to display a grid like system. Smiley manager for me is the worst of the 3 commercial products. Amongst other things but there are more innovative things about xenforo that really make this the best commercial product. Although my score may appear low i still think the best is yet to come as xenforo matures. I won't give it a 9 10 because it's not perfect.

I wouldn't score the other product

the other other product I'd givea 3 and that's being generous.

Such a vague question. It is hard to answer and harder to make any useful decision out of those answers. :-)

If you really want opinion of people already using it, then you better ask about specific features, add-ons, flexibility, ease of use, scalability, maintainability and what not, that you might be interested in. :-)

I would have to rate it as delicious. Its a slow roasted forum software, with a bitter sweet honey mustard sauce to bring it all together. If you would like to kick it up a notch, why not try an addon. There are some for every palate, and if you want to go ahead and change the way things look, its all served decomposed so you can go ahead and get creative with your creativeness.

6.5/10 - There are still many things I don't like about the xenforo the sub forum dropdown menu for example, loathe it infact and hope to see a subforum manager backend system so we have a choice to display a grid like system. Smiley manager for me is the worst of the 3 commercial products. Amongst other things but there are more innovative things about xenforo that really make this the best commercial product. Although my score may appear low i still think the best is yet to come as xenforo matures. I won't give it a 9 10 because it's not perfect.

I wouldn't score the other product

the other other product I'd givea 3 and that's being generous.
I noticed you didn't rate IPB at all ;).

XF 7/10 (no search in thread, various design choices I don't like)
MyBB 6/10
vB3 4/10
vB4 5/10 (yes I preferred vB4)
IPB 2/10 (hate using it as both a user and an admin)

Design - usability 8,5/10
Coding - debugging 9/10
# features 5/10
Innovation 8/10
Support 9/10

Total average: 7.9/10

I was curious to find out: On a scale of 1 to 10, what is everyone's opinion on XenForo? I've heard good things as well as bad things about it. Based on the demo I tried, I like it a lot! I may purchase it in the future!:)

The products are all for different audiences. As an example if you don't want to pay at all, there are great alternatives. If you want to pay for the software, you have even more alternatives (and I think these paid alternatives outperform the free ones).

Xenforo =
9000Techno.gif

A rough look at the scores:

Usability / UI = 9
Backend = 9
Features = 6 (doesn't quite have everything other solutions provide)
Development speed = 9
Dev Quality = 9
Communication = 7.5
Innovation = 8 (while certain things are not new per se, they are very well thought out and implemented).
Mod Community = 8
Style Community = 7
Fun Factor = 9

Top Bottom