whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they would not use a 3rd party support site nor the site of my employer to do so. It is getting silly that XenForo.com is being used as support site for SpaceBattles.com. If the entire XenForo project is nothing more than giant personal offshoot project for that site then it should be stated as such so we, the paying customers of XF, know what we're dealing with.

I think that viewpoint, while normally is usually more black and white in most cases, is actually grey in the case for Kier and Mike. It's not often that the developers AND OWNERS of a community actually develop their own forum platform and at the same time license it for others to use.

Remember SpaceBattles is a hobby. XenForo is their livelihood.

When you become an XF customer and/or have quite a bit invested into the XF ecosystem then your opinion might change. This thread alone is not the only problem but is indicative of the overall problem with XF these days. You wouldn't know about any XF problems since you are only here to whine that some site you visit is having a problem. For the rest of us that are here for XF related business, and XF is indeed a business, you are just more fuel to the fire.

Now feel free to respond in any insipid way that makes you happy.

See that's interesting, because had you been remotely upfront about your reasons I wouldn't have had as many reasons to needlessly antagonize you, as a person who comes to an off-topic forum and complains that people aren't being topical in it.

I frankly don't care how much you've invested into the XF ecosystem, or how many piles of money you might have- making stupid comments without any logical framework to support them gets you called on your stupid comments. That's what happens.

I'm sorry that you're not very good at presenting your points, but trying to make an example of us really isn't the way to go about it- because again: you're not very good at this.

The root of your argument was "People are posting off topic things in an off topic forum, and it's bad."

You never really elaborated on why it was bad, or how it was bad- just that it was bad. You never provided any sort of supporting logic or evidence to say why people posting off-topical things in an off-topic forum shouldn't be permitted other than "I'm important, listen to me!"- and again, that's going to get you called out, which is pretty much what I did.

A better way to approach it probably would have been to not try and make SB into an example, and instead maybe post a topic about how the off-topic forums are a hive of scum and villainy, and they aren't contributing anything of value to XF. More to the point, they're probably actively damaging XF's reputation, because when prospective buyers come to look at the community, instead of finding people telling success stories or getting and receiving quick technical support, instead there's a bunch of people laughing at pictures of chickens chasing people, or lolcats, or whatever.

And had you done that, again, there would have been no need to come in here. I'm not altogether sure that I can think of any reason to come into here, aside from the previously mentioned 'attempt to make SB into an example' scheme.

Ultimately, this entire 'argument' if it can even be called that boils down to that original point: People are doing off-topic things in a forum for people to do off-topic things in, and this is bad. Because...? We're not going to say why. But you should totally believe me because I have lots of money and therefore I'm important.

I'm really not sure what else to say. *Shrug* It would have served your argument infinitely more so had you never posted in here in the first place- because as you have so recently said: We're not the problem. We're a symptom of the problem.

The problem's out there.

Yep. And apparently when someone tries to view and therefore join your tweet page, moynal, it doesnt exist.

In any case, this messed up for me personally because I supposed to get unbanned today. :mad:

Lolwatevr though.It probably Kier using the forum as a lab rat again. And turns out a that syringe of liquid cocaine is as lethal as it is delicious.

Yep. And apparently when someone tries to view and therefore join your tweet page, moynal, it doesnt exist.

In any case, this messed up for me personally because I supposed to get unbanned today. :mad:

Lolwatevr though.It probably Kier using the forum as a lab rat again. And turns out a that syringe of liquid cocaine is as lethal as it is delicious.

https://twitter.com/Moynal1

There, my twitter page thingy.

I just hope that we attract more asinine comments from the locals for being here. Even in real life people tend to stop and stare at the guys dressed up like Klingons and Romulans.

anybody know when Spacebattles is likely to come back?
I just hope that we attract more asinine comments from the locals for being here. Even in real life people tend to stop and stare at the guys dressed up like Klingons and Romulans.

You'll get all the info and an eta by clicking the link (highlighted in the screenshot). :D :LOL:

linksb.webp

Dude...you're trying too hard.

*checks bits*

Jokery aside, the developers are not posting here so chances are you won't get an eta or a response for that matter though I'm sure they'll be aware of the issues at spacebattles and are busy fixing the issue.

*checks bits*

Jokery aside, the developers are not posting here so chances are you won't get an eta or a response for that matter though I'm sure they'll be aware of the issues at spacebattles and are busy fixing the issue.

I just need to post somewhere while I'm waiting.

It's been nearly eleven hours, I have a day off and this happens...clearly I need to go to church more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom