whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the forum up or crashed or are they only letting a few people on in an orderly manner to prevent a crash?

It's not been back for me sense it crashed during the initial rush. In fact, I was naver able to load it.

I just, ya know... kinda kept some cached pages open in browser tabs... these past few days...

It's nice to know that no matter how much new hardware we get, SB can always be counted on to crash :)

And wow, reading through this thread SB'ers fight eachother even off-site, sheesh.

So, while we're waiting for Kier to apply Miracle Worker to the server...the hell's ICS, and why do some people hate it so much?

EDIT. ^ - ...I don't think servers work like that Brogan. :p
It confirmed what many alrewdy beleived. The GE paste damn near everybody but the Borg. Especially if take into account the behavioral patterns of certain magicals. Aka The Q either do nothing or laugh their butts off. And as far as the Old Feddie verse GE... Only a debate for the most ridiculous Trekkies.

To those few that managed to get to the site, how does it look?

I started a conversation with a friend about Orion spaceships today, I desperately need that fix.

To those few that managed to get to the site, how does it look?

I started a conversation with a friend about Orion spaceships today, I desperately need that fix.

It looks good, unfortunately the skins aren't up so a default was up.

I managed to get two posts in before it went down on me.

First aid is being administered.

Mike managed to log in via SSH and the load was rather high to say the least.

"hopefully back shortly"

So, Brogan, how does it feel knowing you're stuck with us for a few more days? :p

EDIT: HUh, for once Kier made an accurate ETA.

First aid is being administered.

Mike managed to log in via SSH and the load was rather high to say the least.

Would be very interested to hear what they do as we saw the same thing. Whilst VB could happily handle thousands online, XF struggled with a few hundred until we made some config changes. Still don't think it'll handle anywhere near what VB did though...

Would be very interested to hear what they do as we saw the same thing. Whilst VB could happily handle thousands online, XF struggled with a few hundred until we made some config changes. Still don't think it'll handle anywhere near what VB did though...
indeed would be interested in technical side of the migration and initial run prior to crash.. i think all xenforo customers could learn from Kier's experience on this migration :)

judging from the news threads on their forum http://forums.spacebattles.com/forums/spacebattles-news.53/ even while on vB they have numerous 'server busy' messages so probably why Kier had to migrate off vB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom