Whats the reason for the tab drop down timer?

jt2011

When you hover your mouse over the tabs with drop downs, there is a bit of a delay and then you get a drop down. And if you move your mouse away from the drop down, the drop down menu stays visible until you click somewhere else in the page.

I am curious why the drop down was built this way, can anyone provide insight?

I prefer the delay on opening, otherwise every time I drag my mouse over the navbar the dropdowns start popping out. Not sure on the staying open until click part though.

I am curious why the drop down was built this way, can anyone provide insight?
If I remember correctly it staying open was a conscious UI decision. Quite honestly I find it really annoying when I open a drop down menu and move my mouse off it slightly to make a selection and it just closes. I'd think the timer was implemented because they stay open.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have them open instantly, and only close after you've had your mouse off the menu for a second or so.

If I remember correctly it staying open was a conscious UI decision. Quite honestly I find it really annoying when I open a drop down menu and move my mouse off it slightly to make a selection and it just closes. I'd think the timer was implemented because they stay open.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have them open instantly, and only close after you've had your mouse off the menu for a second or so.

Agree. Timer is used to make sure that, you are opening it and it's not a mistake of hover.

Top Bottom