XF 1.2 What's the option for the best performance?

mauzao9

Heya there.

I have several groups and group promotions in our site. I am wondering to set the promotions in a new way now, so i ask you a question...

For users that can get +10 user group promotions, each X group giving extra permissions to the user, shall i let the user have the 10 usergroups with the permissions, or making when they are promoted, they leave the last group they joined, and this next group do have all the last group permissions updated?

It is hard to explain, but my question is if it is better for performance have a user with many usergroups (with the permissions spread around the groups), or a single usergroup with all the permissions set?

I'm not sure how Xenforo deals with many usergroups and their permissions, so i'm asking.
Hope you did understand :rolleyes:

It is hard to explain, but my question is if it is better for performance have a user with many usergroups (with the permissions spread around the groups), or a single usergroup with all the permissions set?

There is no difference. Permission combinations are pre-calculated.

Similar question...each time the forum loads does it calculate each user's permissions from each usergroup they belong to? For example a page linking to 10 different .css files.

The calculation is done only when permissions changed, but the permissions are needed for most page views (CSS is actually an exception).

Top Bottom