What's Quora doing right?

TheBigK

I'm not sure if this's been discussed earlier. One of our members wrote to me saying that we should follow the 'quora' model. Currently, we've no mechanism of staying in touch with the registered members. I'm wondering if XF can evolve to make it even more interactive.

For example, when a user posts an answer, can the system suggest who to 'notify' so that they give you an answer? How about creating some 'credit' system with points so that people will always have something to aim for?

I'm wondering what's quora doing right that can benefit topic specific communities powered by XF?

Rewarding members for posting helpful info is always a good thing to do. I have been thinking about it.
We have something like Banking here by xfrocks that you can provide points for several actions.

Rewarding members for posting helpful info is always a good thing to do. I have been thinking about it.
We have something like Banking here by xfrocks that you can provide points for several actions.
Quora's gone the 'wiki' way, letting their members edit the content posted by other members. This helps them be spam free (mostly) and I think similar approach can be adopted. I'm considering opening up post editing access to larger number of most active members on our site. The decision isn't final yet.

I think it'd be really nice to suggest people who might be interested in answering any question or participating in a topic. I wonder why so many people flooded Quora? How did they manage to grow so quickly? Can we learn from it?

Top Bottom