XF 1.3 What's Breaking Responsiveness?

taylor_smith

I customized a style based on the default XF 1.3 style. The parent XF style is fully responsive, but something about my modifications broke the responsiveness. Any ideas what I might have done?

Here's the community: http://stratics.com/community. The broken style is called "UO Classic."

Thank you. :)

It looks like you put a min-width on .pageWidth, you will also need to wrap your G ads in a wrapping element with overflow hidden so that when a user action makes the page width narrow the advertisement won't cause the page to be wider than the browser width.

It looks like you put a min-width on .pageWidth, you will also need to wrap your G ads in a wrapping element with overflow hidden so that when a user action makes the page width narrow the advertisement won't cause the page to be wider than the browser width.

You are basically the best thing ever. Okay, removing minimum width fixed the responsive problem. I'm using XenCentral's ad server to serve our ads. Do you have advice (or know of a thread) about how I can serve them better w/in this framework?

I'm using XenCentral's ad server to serve our ads. Do you have advice (or know of a thread) about how I can serve them better w/in this framework?
Whats crazy is I assumed they were google ads without looking not that it matters whose ads they are realy.

I have never used ads on a site myself so it is hard to say anything about an addon which serves ads however, you can for now while you are customizing and figuring out what you want to do just add something like this to extra.css until you work out any other styling issues.

Code:
.zoneWrapperInternal {
    display: block;
    overflow: hidden;
}

Generally when it comes to styling I find it easiest to focus on oem xf stuff and then go back and work on styling associated with addons unless of course the addon is tweaking with what you are messing with and you need to address it first.

Last edited:
It only hides it if the user makes the page smaller than the ad which should be considered user action and therefor not apply (theoretically) and I was also assuming that the style was using a responsive ad setup which it is not though if it was it would deliver the proper size ad on page load and the only way any part of it gets hidden is the users action of resizing the browser which if I had read correctly earlier is ok under specific circumstances and this is my interpretation of the wording unless of course someone from google wants to put me in check on that interpretation.

Top Bottom