What'd You Do If An Elderly Relative Insults You?

Quoteth Al Bundy: "It's only cheating if you get caught" :D

I simply cannot run, though. Never been any good at that for some reason. I'm fast, but have zero endurance on it. However, if you're up for some biking exercise, that, I could do.

On bikes I have done three 250 mile round trips last summer and fall, the first one in 117f weather :). The first one was on a 1970's era Takara bicycle, the other two where on a 1980's era Trek 520, much better bike for the trip. :)

I actually prefer to do things on foot, I use a bike when I am in a hurry.

I have done endurance stuff all my life, it started with hauling hay, where I have lived the distances are long and I was on foot all the time growing up. I then ran cross country for conditioning for wrestling from junior high on, I kept running when I wrestled in college. I also have backpacked most of my life. My longest hike was the 2181 mile Appalachian Trail. I have done 100 miles days maybe a dozen times and beat that pretty good just a couple of years ago. :)

Here is a long walk I did a couple of years ago.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/63362-Where-is-JonSidneyB This one was difficult only because I didn't have the right shoes, my legs where fine but my feet hurt. Oh, I got sunburned really bad too. This walk was one I did because I was broke rather than for fun.

I think I can still crank out a 100 mile day with a load right now if I had to though I am starting to feel aches and pains from work and sports injuries.

What people from the past remember me for though is not endurance activites, what I am remembered for is wrestling and judo.

I still can walk and run quite a few young people into the ground. :p I have helped some high school wrestlers by practicing with them not that long ago, it wasn't very hard to put em down due to their lack of experience, at most they had seven years under their belt.

Top Bottom