What will you do if Internet Brands close XenForo with an injunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<edit>
Cleaned up. No sense in arguing semantics with those not respectful of the law
That is what they want you to think. Really, many countries in Latin America have no care for internet laws, specially about using one software, they have much more important things to do.

Reactions: DSF
well as i not bought license yet ill just go to ipb *shudder* (slowly doing jobs on smf to get money for a license)

It's against the people behind xenforo, not the company.

It didn't affect me acquiring a license is all I am saying. I want a modern forum solution. XenForo offers that. I want a solution now, and not wait some judge's response to some nonsense claim. And I don't want to keep running vBulletin 3.8 until something happens in the world. It's available now, even if something happens, it's better than the 3.8 I was running, so convert was in place.

Don't be hasty. We should know something very soon. :)

Depends how long legal proceedings take, darn seen things take years :p

edit fact few people know is that there is a site owned by IB that uses SMF forum not vBulletin

It's against the people behind xenforo, not the company.
It's against the people behind xenForo *and* the company. Floris I agree with you on pretty much everything and admire how you have already ditched vB3.8.
The point of my post was to find out what other people would do if they came to xenForo.com and found a notice that it had been put on hold for an unknown period while an injunction was fought. Or that sales of xenForo had been halted for the same period.
If IB think they have a legitimate case, then an injunction is the next step for them.
I would be furious if I found xenForo and the guys had been hampered in their business.
I would want to be proactive about fighting Bob Brisco by complaining about him to the people he reports to. I.e. the shareholders. Nobody has responded to this line of thinking yet.

just nothing and play DEAD

Attachments

• grateful_dead_bear2.gif
    grateful_dead_bear2.gif
    30 KB · Views: 22
Hm... maybe I'll file a lawsuit on Internet Brands, claiming something ridiculous :p. Let's see them work that one out :p

Or.... maybe I could join vbtruth and work with them :p

My worries extend to my world, not theirs.

Their problems are exactly that. Their problems. I like them and am inspired by their careers but I have my own path and desires.

I will simply move on with my life and read the next drama filled thread that interests me. Thats about the extent of my concern.

Brisco engineered the sell out to his investment banker friends and got an employment contract for 360 K a year to run IB for the new owners, he did this because the company was heading toward bankruptcy under his leadership and he was losing his own personal fortune.

Thats just funny. Lets take the guy that ran it into the ground and put him in charge.
runawayif3.gif

They don't care, they are going to bust up IB and spin off all the websites into new companies and take them public to sell stock to investors.

By the by... vBulletin 4.07 seems to have integrated a similar alert.... I wonder what other features will be integrated in vBulletin in the near future... Of course, I am not insinuating anything at all ;)

By the by... vBulletin 4.07 seems to have integrated a similar alert.... I wonder what other features will be integrated in vBulletin in the near future... Of course, I am not insinuating anything at all ;)

Like a top slide down login panel, MHMMMM in 4.1 :)

wouldnt suprise me, just you would think a company that owns a forum software would use that forum software on there sites and not a competing software ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom