What will Mike HYS next?

• Twitter Registration
  • Google Registration
People can already register using Facebook, why not add in the last 2 major players?!

Widget System/Sidebar Block Manager

and to be better then all the other systems =>
with left/center / right position
graphic_of_praying_hands_with_the_words_PRAY.jpg

To be honest: NO NEW HYS Threads:p

There are IMO already too many new features in 1.2
I hope we'll see faster releases with less new features in the future:cool:
Probably nobody will agree, but IMO 2-3 big changes per release would be enough

It's also much easier for board owners to upgrade and for 3rd party devs to maintain there addons.
Now we have probably (that's JUST SPECULATION based on the HYS threads) to update addons which are extending
  • the editor
  • the memberlist
  • the Reports Page
  • including the post edit history
  • maybe the templates (to support the Responsive Design) if something needs to be changed
    • or using TMS, which can be replaced with the new XF System
It's definitely WOOOOOOOOW and really great, and I appreciate it, but with all this changes and too many installed addons where we don't want to lose data (= create importers) it's probably 2-3 months till everything was updated and tested:D

I think it's fair to say the situation has been fairly unique so I doubt we'll see such a major update in future.
This.

I see 1.2 as XenForo playing a little "catch up" for the past few years. The lawsuit basically kept it at a standing still development and KAM just wants to make up for lost time.

I don't "think" we'll see another larger than life update anytime soon after 1.2

I'm sure we'll see cool things added over time, but not all at once as with 1.2

Eitherway, it's just good to see the best forum product back in full swing and being developed. That was my real wishlist anything and everything else is a bonus but let me get this straight, that smiley manager does need some Mike loving. :p

Mike: HYS - Smiley Manager Enhancements
First poster: Who didn't read the intial post and wanted to be the first to respond.
Brogan: Flies Audi into the first posters post for not reading.
Arnyvee: *Faints*
Shelley: *Faints*
community: *Faints*
Mike: WTF have I done! *stares*
Brogan: Mike? Mike? MIIIIIIIKE?
Mike: *Stares* & *Faints*
Random Poster: My support post hasn't been answered yet I have waited a full 2 minutes and still no response.

Eitherway, it's just good to see the best forum product back in full swing and being developed. That was my real wishlist anything and everything else is a bonus but let me get this straight, that smiley manager does need some Mike loving. :p

Mike: HYS - Smiley Manager Enhancements
First poster: Who didn't read the intial post and wanted to be the first to respond.
Brogan: Flies Audi into the first posters post for not reading.
Arnyvee: *Faints*
Shelley: *Faints*
community: *Faints*
Mike: WTF have I done! *stares*
Brogan: Mike? Mike? MIIIIIIIKE?
Mike: *Stares* & *Faints*
Random Poster: My support post hasn't been answered yet I have waited a full 2 minutes and still no response.

Slavik: *Starts putting people into comical possitions and taking pictures*

Well it's 30 May today, um checking the old rhyme that leaves one more day of May
- and Mike said the beta would be June which I assume means we'll see it upgraded on here by the weekend OOOOOH joking ....
.... there are a few details I want added like Search Conversations, Delete Conversation, Hide Thread (Whats New) .... go Mike you can fit those in in the next week.

But I'll stick to playing with stuff on here for a bit until the addons catch up. Oh shiver shiver my template edits! Even though I keep copies and notes oh shiver shiver, sweat and shiver.

Top Bottom