XF 2.1 What to do with the url structure?

stanleyb23

As a follow up from https://xenforo.com/community/threads/changing-forum-directory.173440/

I m a little lost in what to do with my url structure.

I m migrating from phpbbsoftware to xenforo and I have wordpress in the root.
My old Forum is on www.domain.nl/Forum/

I have a lot of incoming links to www.domain.nl/Forum/ so i d like to keep that as the overwiew page.

The problem is that xenforo forces me then to have url domain.nl/Forum/forums/

Is there another solution?

I know i can change the route.. but what to put there instead of forums.

You don't have to have /forums/ or any subfolder on the end of the URL. For example one of my forums is just ayenee.org/index.php for the forum list (xenforo is installed in the root directory). I think you need to check your settings and/or actual file structure on your server.

I know its possible to install it in the root directory but my forum indexpage is on /Forum/ and thats because i have wordpress in the root.

Is there a possibility to install wordpress in the root and xenforo in the root and then point the index to /Forum/?

Is there a possibility to install wordpress in the root and xenforo in the root and then point the index to /Forum/?
No - they must be installed in separate directories.

The XF URL doesn't have to remain as /forum - you can use anything.
You will have to implement redirection if you want to ensure old indexed links work, so it doesn't matter what the new directory is, especially considering the structure is different anway.

Top Bottom