What Streaming Music Service Do You Use?

What Streaming Music Services Do You Use?

• Total voters

DRE

What music streaming services do you use?

You can vote for 5 choices on the poll.

I noticed kids prefer Pandora and Spotify cause it's too much effort to transfer downloaded music to their phone.

I ain't paying for that tho. I use my YouTube playlists since I can listen to it on all my devices. On my iPhone, Music TV will let me download from YouTube for offline use. I use the MixerBox app for online use. On my laptop, I use the Chrome extension Streamus for online use and iTunes for offline.

Chrome Extension
https://streamus.com/

Free, no adds (iOS and Android)
http://www.mixerbox.com/

$3.99 to unlock unlimited YT downloads (iOS only)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/music-tv-view-your-music-songs/id547001249?mt=8

youtube.webp

'without the prior written consent of youtube'

They're using YouTube's API. Maybe the API has something different going on.

Other apps also use YouTube's API and download from it, like those video apps or software that download the and cache the thumbnails.

Same thing.

'without the prior written consent of youtube'

They're using YouTube's API. Maybe the API has something different going on.

Other apps also use YouTube's API and download from it, like those video apps or software that download the and cache the thumbnails.

Same thing.
You sound a bit defensive there, DRE. . . I was simply asking a question and looking for the answer :p

You sound a bit defensive there, DRE. . . I was simply asking a question and looking for the answer :p
lol I know I do. I'm just saying that if going by those rules, wouldn't all the other apps and software that download thumbnails count as going against those TOS?

What if the TOS for it's API is different? Cause caching is still downloading and we even have addons here that cache stuff from youtube.

The Mixerbox app takes all the music you ever liked or posted on Facebook and makes a playlist out of it. Pretty cool.

Spotify.

Apart from the fact I have half price premium, I also love their community (which in turn also occasionally gets me free premium).

I also like their apps, and the Connect system is brilliant.

Liam

I tend to download videos from youtube, convert them to MP3 and store then on my hard drive.
I figured, given that I've listened to the song on youtube, they've been "paid" in revenue of some kind, heh.

Still on Spotify here but want to leave/reduce my costs. I dont add tracks in enough bulk to warrant the £9 (~$14 USD) monthly fee anymore, and the gits removed their £5 a month plan.

Plus loads of labels have started refusing to add new releases for ~6 months in an attempt to force people to buy a copy as well as streaming.

I'm going to give Streamus a try - looks like a decent idea, but not sure if I'll find everything in my library on YouTube.

Youtube. It's free, you can create your own playlists which makes it a great money saver. And since the majority of Singers say they do it for the love and not the money I'm happy to oblige them by streaming tracks and albums on the tube. :P

Presently I use Google Play to upload & access all of the music stored on my hard drive -- it's nice to have access to my library when I'm at work or something. It's also what I use on my phone.

When at home or offline with my laptop I'll use foobar2000 just as a simple audio player / playlist manager.

I have a Greasemonkey extension for Google Play on Firefox that scrobbles to my last.fm account... still trying to figure out how to scrobble from my phone. When I need new music, I'll fire up either last.fm's recommendations radio, follow YT recommendations, browse Soundcloud, or a Pandora station (rarely).

Top Bottom