XF 1.5 What Statistics are Available (Total Users/mo?)

Paul McM

Our advertisers have asked for very basic metrics: Average unique Forum users per day, per week, per month. Also total pageviews for the same periods (day/week/month). We also want a breakdown of ALL users vs. REGISTERED users. I cannot find this function in Xenforo. I only seem to see numbers for total members and "total visitors online". That doesn't really help me quantify activity levels.

Can someone direct me to the full Xenforo statistics function or recommend an add-on that provides this data?

We do run Google Analytics but it does not provide a clear break-out just for our Forum as we have content sites on the same parent domain.

Forgive me if this is a stupid inquiry, but the very first question advertisers ask is: "how many users visit your Forum each day/week/month?" Surely Xenforo can provide this info...

Chris,
That does help.

Admin > Tools > "Statistics" in Admin CP showed me daily, weekly, and monthly "active users" and that is a good start. How is an "active user" defined by Xenforo?

Also, I can display "User Registrations" but this doesn't correspond with the gross numbers I'm seeing on the Forum. The stats is showing 520 "User Registrations" in 2016, when the primary stats block shows members has only grown by about 350. Not sure about that.

Admin > Tools > "Statistics" in Admin CP showed me daily, weekly, and monthly "active users" and that is a good start. How is an "active user" defined by Xenforo?
Unfortunately the weekly and monthly values are not likely to be what you want. They can really only be used to generate a daily average over that period.

An active user is anyone that loaded one or more pages on that day. It's only tracked on a daily basis. The weekly and monthly values are aggregations of this. So a user that was active on Monday and Tuesday would count once for each day and thus twice weekly (weekly and monthly being sums of the daily values). It's not the same as unique user tracking over an extended period of time.

Also, I can display "User Registrations" but this doesn't correspond with the gross numbers I'm seeing on the Forum. The stats is showing 520 "User Registrations" in 2016, when the primary stats block shows members has only grown by about 350. Not sure about that.
The stats numbers really should be definitive as they come direct from the recorded registration date. You could try rebuilding them via rebuild caches, though that shouldn't make a difference.

Where are you seeing the 350 specifically? Is it based on IDs or the total member counter? IDs aren't really a reliable approach as there can be reasons for gaps. The member total counter can reflect people who've later confirmed their account, though depending on how big your forum is, I don't think this would necessarily reflect 100 users.

Top Bottom