What size of image is Too Large for a Signature ?

So we have ruled that 500wide x 150height is the max allowed (text or images) and anything over those dimensions in either direction will be removed without warning.
You might just want to edit it for the person if your Member base is smaller.
They probably don't know how to make it smaller.
My wife loves dogs, can press "Click" on our Digital camera ... but is unable to resize images.

Personally I'm starting to see too many signatures that are just obnoxiously big.
Also several lines advertising commercial businesses should also be banned.

I realize I can turn off viewing signatures, but I do like to see links to member forums.

Personally, I think forum sigs are turning the forum into drek and killing the clean look and feel of XF.

Personally I'm starting to see too many signatures that are just obnoxiously big.
Also several lines advertising commercial businesses should also be banned.

I realize I can turn off viewing signatures, but I do like to see links to member forums.

Personally, I think forum sigs are turning the forum into drek and killing the clean look and feel of XF.

Completely agree that something needs to be done, if only to limit the size of signatures. Though I really think that as this is the official site there need to be some rules to stop obnoxious signatures as I think it gives off a bad impression. I don't want the forum to be lifeless, but I don't think massive signatures that detract from posts are going to look good to propective customers.

For the moment I've disabled signatures as I was finding it hard to separate post content from signatures, though that may be because the line separating the two is quite faint and so I have to keep changing the angle of my monitor as I move about to make it visible. Though that's more my relatively cheap monitor than anything else.

For the moment I've disabled signatures as I was finding it hard to separate post content from signatures, though that may be because the line separating the two is quite faint and so I have to keep changing the angle of my monitor as I move about to make it visible. Though that's more my relatively cheap monitor than anything else.
There are some signatures that are larger than the post itself. I always try to use a small font myself.

im not really happy about the sig situation on my board. ive tried to discourage oversized sigs using scrollbars, but some ppl dont seem to care and run giant sigs regardless. it really does ugly up the forum. i wish there was a technical solution as i loathe the idea of having to create and police a policy or threaten users and the like.

Top Bottom