1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size of image is Too Large for a Signature ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Here's my current signature.
    [​IMG]

What size image do you allow in your signature ?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

None.

I would suggest that having a signature such as that is just going to alienate a lot of members.

3. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

LOL

What's next ?

Members selling signature links, location slots, avatars as is done on DP !!!

4. Digital Doctor

+1
    Yea ! Pr()fit (*!$(*@$*(!$(!

5. AnthonyCea

This sort of thing is an abomination and is idiotic for any forum administrator to allow.

If you allow morons to sell signature links, what will stop them from selling banners if you enable images for signatures ??

This lunacy all started at Digital Point because Shawn allowed it to happen, but Shawn allowed a lot of 'things' to happen on DP over the years.

6. Digital Doctor

7. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i reckon you should wear that sig. maybe it will motivate k&m to code something like a block user function for the next release

8. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I never allowed images in signatures, which is always stated in my rules and guidelines. Any member breaking those rules are placed in a special group.

9. AnthonyCea

I know what user group that is Lawrence....

BANNED !!!

10. Lawrence

Nope, care to guess again? :p

I have never banned any member from any of my forums. Not even spammers. I put them in a group that actually benefits members ;)

11. AnthonyCea

The 'no signature' user group !! [​IMG]

12. Lawrence

No. Where is your imagination? :p hint: this is something members actually looked forward to!

13. AnthonyCea

What does a forum member look forward to folks ???

....... his next zany post ??

....... harassing the hell out of his fellow members and forum admins ??

14. Lawrence

Nope, try again, :)

15. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

It depends on the users who reviewed the forum.

16. AnthonyCea

Looks like I'll need some help on this one Lawrence, I can't think of anything members want anymore other than being the greatest forum troll they can be and wanting money from ad sharing deals or selling signature links.

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

It could also lead to imagine envy, something we want to avoid here.

18. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

For most situations, having a text signature only is fine but there are some situations I can see where having image signatures is needed. Digital Scrapbooking usually has image signatures not just text signatures, but that is about the only niche I can see needing that.

19. Digital Doctor

Here's one that is too large.
    hoddz-logo-plain-with-fx.png

grant sarver and steven s like this.
  20. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I run a few dog related forums, and allowing members to add images of their pets is a big hit, But without the ability to set restrictions.. We have recently had to make announcements regarding or new policy of policing signatures.. Ive already had a few that were full blown 1024 x 680px images.. So we have ruled that 500wide x 150height is the max allowed (text or images) and anything over those dimensions in either direction will be removed without warning.