What part of the Members Tab do you use the most ?

What part of the Members Tab do you use the most ?

• Total voters

Digital Doctor

There are three sections to the Members Tab:

1 Registered Members (current Default)
2Current Visitors
3 Recent Activity

members.tab.3.options.webp
Which do you use the most ?
Should the most popular section of the Members Tab be the Default option when clicking the Members Tab ?

Could people comment on how helpful is it to have a paginated list (in alphabetical order) of all their members ? (the default page).
Does this encourage people to call themselves !!!!---1111----John ?

I don't use much of the Members tab either (though that will probably change once my own forum is up and running), but I'd say #2 (Current Visitors) if it refreshed every so often like it does on vB (I just sit on the page and click that tab every so often to see if I have notifications or new posts to read).

Anyone use the Members tab ?
As an admin I am constantly using the Members tab. We moderate all new members and part of the approval process is to look at their previous posts, which I get to via the Members tab.

I also like to see what people online are viewing under Current Visitors.

i used to use recent activity a lot, but as more and more users have gone invisible it has ceased to remain relevant.
i wish i had an option to force all posts to show on recent activity.

As an admin I am constantly using the Members tab. We moderate all new members and part of the approval process is to look at their previous posts, which I get to via the Members tab.

I also like to see what people online are viewing under Current Visitors.

I guess you would prefer both Recent activity and Current Visitors in the Forum Tab not outside the forum in the Members Tab ?

I do agree the members Tab is admin in nature.
I'm not sure displaying the Member's Tab to guests is very relevant.

I guess you would prefer both Recent activity and Current Visitors in the Forum Tab not outside the forum in the Members Tab ?

I do agree the members Tab is admin in nature.
I'm not sure display it to guests is very relevant.
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I like the way it is now..

Works great :)

I use the Recent Activity as it's currently set as my homepage of my site.

I have a thread started asking to hire someone to tweak that page and make some changes. If and when I get that done the recent activity page will be used much more than it currently is.

Jamie

I use the Recent Activity as it's currently set as my homepage of my site.
Cool mod.

Well ... Recent Activity is much more useful than the Alphabetical list of Members.

This usefulness should be reflected in the design ... ie. the default page for the Members Tab should be Recent Activity ... not Registered Members.

I don't really use the members tab or any of the stuff that resides. Current visitors are in the sideblock (members online block). Infact, I'm thinking of removing it on my site. And probably the help tab.

The only redeeming value of the Members Tab and Help Tab is without those two tabs .... The forums Tab would be alone ! [The Home tab isn't really a real Tab ... it's a Tab lite.]

The only redeeming value of the Members Tab and Help Tab is without those two tabs .... The forums Tab would be alone ! [The Home tab isn't really a real Tab ... it's a Tab lite.]

That is a good point but I have found navigation space is prime real estate and with jakes node as tabs add-on and the fact I like to build useful pages I will never see that as being an issue for me personally.

My case is I would have the bookmarks tab to keep the forum tab company and with the resource manager close to a release that's another tab. I also think the navbar is a good location for people that create meet the staff pages or hide areas that they want to display in a custom tab. And if xenforo adds support for item count for custom tabs I will expect custom tab usage to go up as jake said after I asked he would add support for it in his add-on if xenforo add support for it in the software.

Btw. Good threads you've been creating DD focusing on certain areas and asking these questions that gives people something to think about.

edit: I say it's prime real estate because even though I'm using 1920px by 1080 and many other people use high resolutions you do have to cater for the people using 1280 and lower resolutions and when you take that into account you don't have a great deal of space to do whatever you want. Also taking into account to the far right you also have .visitorTabs using up space so you haven't really got as much as you may think you have.

Ideally the Members Tab would display Recent Activity as that is what most people use.
The alpha of Xenforo 1.2 on a mobile device displays members with Most Messages. I don't think that is what most people want displayed.

Only Online users do have some use, any others.... Are just there, staying, never really used... :unsure:
One thing that makes sense into the members tab is: Status Page, similar to twitter where we can read, like and comment other users status updates, since the status function is very ignored in Xenforo.

Hopefully with Notable members, there is interesting stuff to check there, i hope modders are able to add more tabs into notable members based in more criterias!

Last edited:
Top Bottom