What part of NO PAYPAL do you not understand?

Never said you didn't, but like the author of that blog.... I wouldn't buy into the "change" at all.

This has been done before. Give enough time and people forget.
I'm not saying that it is certain to cause any real change, but I do see it as a glimmer of hope. I personally have moved most of my stuff away from PayPal and doubt that a full transition back, regardless of any future changes, would even be feasible.

They don't need to change their anti-fraud policies. What they need to do is open up venues of appeal for those who have been flagged. The fraud protection isn't the problem - it's the inability of people to have PayPal address false positive flags.

"In the past, we took steps to protect customers and ourselves. Unfortunately, sometimes we catch a dolphin in our nets," said PayPal's new President David Marcus.

So Paypal is a pain in the ass ... and full of dolphin killers !
What next ? Dogs ? Babies ?

paypalfreeze-1[1].webp

People who aren't familiar with the service seem to think that since Paypal clothes itself in the trappings of an online bank that surely they must be subject to the same laws and customer safeguards as a bank. They aren't.

Paypal is an online broker of payments between individuals. They reserve the right to freeze your account with no recourse or recompense indefinitely with no grievance process. If you sue them, you are sworn to binding arbitration in a geographically convenient venue.

You should NEVER EVER tie your Paypal account to any bank account you care about. You should always house it at a separate bank and empty it 2-3 times a week so that when inflexible Paypal corporate policy finally lands on your head, you didn't lose much money and you can start shopping Paypal's crappy competitors and go through the same process again.
They don't need to change their anti-fraud policies. What they need to do is open up venues of appeal for those who have been flagged. The fraud protection isn't the problem - it's the inability of people to have PayPal address false positive flags.
This. If you have a problem with Paypal, it's like trying to get a problem with the DMV sorted out. Expect to be told "No" and "I can't help you" a lot.

Hey Adam, I hope you've now removed and are never ever using that email address tied to that frozen Paypal account. That might also be a lesson learned out of this for others and certainly my take-away.

Use an email account for Paypal that is only used for Paypal and NOTHING else.;)

Scott

Hey Adam, I hope you've now removed and are never ever using that email address tied to that frozen Paypal account. That might also be a lesson learned out of this for others and certainly my take-away.

Use an email account for Paypal that is only used for Paypal and NOTHING else.;)

Scott
Could not use that email address with paypal anyways and know better not to try.

Anyone who tries to send money to that address will have their paypal account frozen or terminated without notice. Someone here did not believe that and tried to send $1 after this post. Their account is basically gone. :eek:

I don't get this paypal mania of some people!
they just do not get that someone don't want to risk his account to be frozen, or to loose a too big percent of their money on commissions...
I prefer other solutions. Like xxxxxxxxx for example. easy fast and uncomplicated

Edited by Lawrence

Top Bottom