XF 2.2 I do not understand anything about Xenforo

Lucandi

I've had Xenforo now for over a week but I still do not understand any of this. I had before phpbb, if I wanted to know something it was just click right on it and you got up which line, which file it was, if it was css or html it was no problem to find the right file. But Xenforo, I do not understand how to find the right one. Is there a trick or do you have to be an expert and programmer to be able to make changes yourself?

What are you trying to do exactly?

There are various guides available for styling, editing, etc.

For example: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/

There's a lot I want to be able to change that I could do on phpbb. How do I change the color of the forum? How do I delete certain things in bbcode? How do I reduce the distance between our posts that you see? How do I change the language of the report to another language that is not correct in the language I use? There are a lot of little things I want to be able to do myself that I do not want to ask here about everything.

Is there a trick or do you have to be an expert and programmer to be able to make changes yourself?
Hello, I am not a developer or a programmer and like you I started from scratch with XF. Do not hesitate to ask questions here you will progress quickly and everything will seem easier to you as you go. It's true that XF is a bit confusing at first but you will get used to it

Hello, I am not a developer or a programmer and like you I started from scratch with XF. Do not hesitate to ask questions here you will progress quickly and everything will seem easier to you as you go. It's true that XF is a bit confusing at first but you will get used to it
I've been trying for over a week now, I have not understood anything yet. I'm not here to complain but what I feel for Xenforo. I use another language that has been translated a lot incorrectly which I am trying to correct. On phpbb it was not a problem to find what you wanted to change but Xenforo. I do not understand for whom Xenforo is created for? After a week I think I should have learned a little but no, if I could do a lot myself on phpbb then I should at least find the right file on Xenforo but not even I do. Starting to get so tired of Xenforo. It is not a complaint but a dissatisfaction.

Which colour?

So you've been trying for a week and only now decide to post about it?
Why not post a week ago?

I recommend reading the manual and guides to get a better understanding.

If you look at my questions and answers, it's white, for example, I would like to change that color. The question, why do you not get what css it is on Xenforo if you right-click on it?

I've posted this in the past:

My best recommendation when working with the default color palette: change to similar tones of your desired color scheme. If you want a green style, change the light blue to a light green, dark blue to dark green. Then from there edit the Style properties -> Basic colors directly.

That will completely change the color of the forum easily if done right.

For other options in the admin panel, simply use the search located in the top right. Need to change a logo? Type logo and look at the results. You'll see everything you need to know about the logo.

It is not possible to create a group to suspend members, but if you ban a member, it is a dash over the name and it still says member.

I guess you can create a usergroup and set "NEVER" on whatever permissions you don't want them to have.

I've posted this in the past:

My best recommendation when working with the default color palette: change to similar tones of your desired color scheme. If you want a green style, change the light blue to a light green, dark blue to dark green. Then from there edit the Style properties -> Basic colors directly.

That will completely change the color of the forum easily if done right.

For other options in the admin panel, simply use the search located in the top right. Need to change a logo? Type logo and look at the results. You'll see everything you need to know about the logo.

I guess you can create a usergroup and set "NEVER" on whatever permissions you don't want them to have.
Can not create a new "title" distance, it is possible but then the group "member" disappears

Top Bottom