What makes you facepalm as administrator?

Carlos

So, I log in today to CODForums... And I see a report has been issued. Only to find out this:

sarcastic.webp

Here's what happened. I see a thread by this user that is all about trolling. On Call of Duty, trolls are the norm, and forums is no different. I want to change this. I really hate trolls with a burning passion.

They add nothing to a thread or forum...

So, I locked the first thread, now this guy makes a new thread about the same subject, but this time, different wording.

I lock the thread, as before. Now, this guy wants to be a sarcastic little twit.

He used the report button as a means to talk to me. My response would be "I donno if you're trying to be a jack@$$ or not."

I mean, really? "What happens if I don't?" What, are you stupid? I'm administrator, and you're seriously asking me that question? Really?

So, I log in today to CODForums... And I see a report has been issued. Only to find out this:

View attachment 35101

Here's what happened. I see a thread by this user that is all about trolling. On Call of Duty, trolls are the norm, and forums is no different. I want to change this. I really hate trolls with a burning passion.

They add nothing to a thread or forum...

So, I locked the first thread, now this guy makes a new thread about the same subject, but this time, different wording.

I lock the thread, as before. Now, this guy wants to be a sarcastic little twit.

He used the report button as a means to talk to me. My response would be "I donno if you're trying to be a jackass or not."

Nothing makes me facepalm. I remember the last time I facepalmed (as an administrator of course) and poked myself in the eye which resulted a second facepalm that warranted another facepalm. I'll give you two guesses how that turned out? Yeah I poked my other eye.

Facepalming - it's dangerous, it takes practice and should be left to the professionals in the art of facepalming. Meet Jean Luc Picard.

Third-party-facepalm1.webp

Nothing makes me facepalm. I remember the last time I facepalmed (as an administrator of course) and poked myself in the eye which resulted a second facepalm that warranted another facepalm. I'll give you two guesses how that turned out? Yeah I poked my other eye.

Facepalming - it's dangerous, it takes practice and should be left to the professionals in the art of facepalming. Meet Jean Luc Picard.
:ROFLMAO: Trying to lighten things up, I see. :)

Thanks, Shelley! :)

If you do not want your trolls..... We want your trolls. Forward them our way...... LoL :p

The last time I really face palm because of a user?

The one who threaten to sue us because he claimed his "user name" was a registered trademark and by us having it posted on our site (because he registered after all), we owed him some kind of licensing fee.

Of course there is also the one who said they had the right to spam our site in the name of free speech. And tried to argue that spam was protected under the freedom of information act. :ROFLMAO:

Oh wait.... There is also all the religious nuts who get upset because they firmly believe that their way of life and their belief system must be correct and any contradiction to that is hate speech (it's not, but they like to think so).

And although I'm not an administrator here.... I sure do face palm over the stupidity of JoKnowsSomething posting those nude photos here. :rolleyes:

Facepalm moments are when people threaten to kill other forum posters, or their families
Or, they preach on about how their freespeech rights are being violated by me banning them
Or, they threaten to call the police or sue me, for deleting their posts

So many face palm moments :P

Hmmm...I don't typically facepalm about anything related to my administrative/moderation duties, however, I do facepalm when people make blatant grammar errors(I have OCD and so can't help it.)

My apologies in advance :p
LOL, you're not that bad. I don't claim to be perfect, but the basic stuff really annoys me. I mean, when people mix up "its" and "it's" or "you're" and"your." The worst is "they're", "their", "there"...I hate that one so much and it just makes people seem unprofessional when they mess them up. I understand that some people are in a rush, and I can accept a few, but at least put forth some appreciable amount of effort to make it look like you at least believe what you are saying.

Very stupid questions (yes they do actually exist) and ridiculous spelling or grammar. Doesn't happen very often. :)

easy to deal with.... 1 warning then ban..... there are enough idiots out there, loosing one will never hurt as much as trying to deal with the crap

Top Bottom