what is your Opinion about http://www.uploadscript.com/

I've looked at it before and the concept is great but as far as XF is concerned it already uses SWFupload which is powerful enough to do whatever you need if you know how to code around it...in fact part of my learning quest includes using this example for my video uploader instead of my standalone page so I can tie it into XF truly. The main site is http://www.swfupload.org/...and the rest of the demo's are located at http://demo.swfupload.org/v220/index.htm .

What I would have to assume is that as long as you can use the SWFuploader in XF you can pretty much make uploading tie into anything you create custom on your board...aka a video or photo gallery, a moderator/admin section for media review,users media page for their uploads, admin section for setting etc.

Now if your looking in general for a project outside of XF and you need something like that you might save yourself a lot of time grabbing something like uploadscript but I don't know enough about them to put it on my server. If you try it out let me know how it works out for yah after some testing.

Right now I'm using an uploadscript a friend of mine wrote for me. It's really decent, but it doesn't support multiple upload, filename checking, delete files from there, and it lacks any kind of permission system. The last part isn't that much of an issue yet, I'm pretty much the only one who's allowed to use it anyway, but still. I'm having a hard time finding a decent upload / file management script...

Which is why I was saying if it is xf related wait until one has been or build a upload manager system yourself so it is truly integrated into the forum and not in a half-assed sorta way. If it is for a blog or another forums software I cannot offer my advice on this as I can't really put myself in your shoes right now and don't know what the capabilities of the software you are using to power your community in question are so it would be hard to say what is good and what is not.

One needs to built custom for XF in my opinion as most 3rd party ones wont fit the schema of things around here.

Which is why I was saying if it is xf related wait until one has been or build a upload manager system yourself so it is truly integrated into the forum and not in a half-assed sorta way. If it is for a blog or another forums software I cannot offer my advice on this as I can't really put myself in your shoes right now and don't know what the capabilities of the software you are using to power your community in question are so it would be hard to say what is good and what is not.

One needs to built custom for XF in my opinion as most 3rd party ones wont fit the schema of things around here.
Ah, but it's for outside of xF. It doesn't even have to be integrated with anything, really. I just like to have the ability to upload stuff, listing all files that I have uploaded, information on them, and being able to manage them (edit, delete etc.)

Ah well, I just keep looking. :)

right but the way it looks doesn't really tie into xf at all and the way it's coded as far as I know cannot be tied directly into the XF permissions system and others very easily. If you just want something that you can use I suppose it is ok. But to me it is a no way for XF. XF needs it's own tailored for the XenForo core product.

Hi there!

I am the owner of uploadscript.com

I am thinking of integrating my upload script with xenforo ( you can see here the demo of the file upload script ).
Let me know if you are interested and what kind of integration you think would be nice.

I am waiting from support to get some kind of documentation or anything to help me with integration.

uploadscript.com

I went over all the discussions you sent.

I would definitely be interested in integrating it as a download/upload manager.
I would appreciate any help around what features are the most desired so far that I should focus on.

I went over all the discussions you sent.

I would definitely be interested in integrating it as a download/upload manager.
I would appreciate any help around what features are the most desired so far that I should focus on.
glad to see u back
I tried to buy your script but your system was broken
hope to see you around

Top Bottom