what is the "Register-page URL" when running Forum in 2 languages

erich37

I am running a Forum in 2 languages and would like to make a Link-Forum redirecting to the "Register"-page, but to the Register-page for each language.

So I am trying to figure out the link for each of the 2 register-pages specific for each of the 2 languages.

I have tried the following, but it does not work:

domain.com/misc/language_id=2&redirect=/register

domain.com/misc/language?language_id=2&redirect=/register

domain.com/register?language_id=2

The problem is that language_id URLs require a security token, and there does not appear to be a way to use security tokens in link forums.

This will require some custom code to implement. You can post a request in this forum.

I have tried to include an additional "language-switch" into the template named "forum_list".

However the following Links did not work. Am I doing something wrong or is this not posible as well ?

<a href="http://www.domain.com/misc/language?language_id=1">english</a>
<a href="http://www.domain.com/misc/language?language_id=2">german</a>

You know what. I was thinking about something similar but then I realized something... the language + register link will be for guests, right? The security token isn't required for guests, only for logged in users. That means the link forum should work.

Use a link like this for the link forum:

Code:
index.php?misc/language/&language_id=2&redirect=index.php%3fregister

Change the language_id appropriately. I tested this myself and it works for guests.

The link doesn't use proper xen:link syntax, but I think this is the best you can do with a link forum.

Hi Jake,

many thanks for this. It works fine when not being logged-in.

But when being logged-in and clicking onto the Link-Forum, this gives a strange Error-message, well at least this Error-message does not look good for the user.
Is there a way to change the text of this Error-message to something like "You are already a registered member" ?

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Rather than change the error message I recommend just hiding those link forums for everyone but guests. Enable this option for those forums:

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions -> Node Permissions -> [select a forum] -> Private node

Then explicitly allow access to those forums for the Unregistered group.

Rather than change the error message I recommend just hiding those link forums for everyone but guests. Enable this option for those forums:

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions -> Node Permissions -> [select a forum] -> Private node

Then explicitly allow access to those forums for the Unregistered group.

Jake, you are a GENIOUS !!!!

Thanks a lot guys !

ooops....... how do I explicitly allow access to those forums for the Unregistered group ?

I went to:
Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions -> Node Permissions -> [select a forum] ->

and then checked the checkbox for "Private Node".
Then I clicked onto Unregistered/Unconfirmed and see a huge list with permissions.

In this colorful list I see "View Node" and then I clicked onto "Allow" (instead of "Inherit").

The trouble is this does not work, saying even registered users see this Link-Forum.

What am I doing wrong at the permissions stuff ?

Appreciate your further help.

Once a node is Private, you must explicitly allow access to it (and all other nodes which are children) either via user group or user permissions.

The other option is as I posted above, to Revoke the View permission for the registered user group for those nodes.

For example, I have a "Welcome to the site" page at the top of my form home node list.
The "View" permission is Revoked for Registered Users though so they never see it once logged in, only guests do.

Enable the Private forum option:

Screen shot 2010-11-27 at 3.24.29 PM.webp

Then allow access for guests:

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions -> Node Permissions -> [select a forum] -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed

Screen shot 2010-11-27 at 3.29.54 PM.webp

Then click update below:

Screen shot 2010-11-27 at 3.28.00 PM.webp

Top Bottom