What is the purpose/added value of the 'Page x of x' line?

Grover

I guess I might be overlooking the obvious, but what is the purpose of displaying the 'Page 12 of 30' in front of the page navigation, if we can already see in that same pagenavigation on what page we are and how many pages the thread consists of?

See:

-------------------------------------------------------
Page 12 of 30
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...to-play-with-the-pagenav-animation.16/page-11

< Prev

→​

Next >

-------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this redundant information?

When a visually impaired user browses the site with a screenreader, and the text, "Page X of Y" isn't read, they won't know what page they're on.

Aha. Thank you for explaining, Nick. I see the urgency now... sorry I have no clue about visually impaired functionality in software: I learn a lot over here. :)

When a visually impaired user browses the site with a screenreader, and the text, "Page X of Y" isn't read, they won't know what page they're on.

Aha. Thank you for explaining, Nick. I see the urgency now... sorry I have no clue about visually impaired functionality in software: I learn a lot over here. :)

That explains it perfectly... Without that there is no indication for what page you are on because the text reader can't see the style on the navigation...

I am not sure but I think it also helps SE's as they prefer to like to page1 on a thread than page 34... Though the relevance of page34 will be carried over to page1 etc...

Top Bottom