1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best "recent posts" add-on?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Luxus, May 17, 2012.

1. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I need an add-on that produces a box at the top of the page (right above the first forum category, not in the sidebar) with links to the last 5 or so posts made (not threads). I saw there are some solutions but I'm interested in the opinion of others what solution is the best available today.

The add-on I am looking for should produce as few queries as possible and should be customizable. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
  2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

3. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

5. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Hi borbole, I will buy this if you can add an AJAX refresh button to the box. This way instead of refreshing the whole site with F5, you only have to press a button like [​IMG] to refresh the recent posts box.

Should then be look like this:

I hope this is not much to ask :)
  6. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

hm, this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-ragtek-latest-posts-header-block.17485/ had it, BUT that's one, which i won't support anymore (because the query was really slow, it's the same problem as in http://xenforo.com/community/threads/what-is-this-query-on-index-and-why-is-it-so-slow.31903/ , which wasn't probably my add-on but an similar problem^^ )

So, if anybody wants => this is the latest package I've found in my backups (hadn't checked it if it's really working... )

feel free to use it:)

Attached Files:

8. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Hi Luxus.

Sorry for the late reply but I had missed your post here. Anyway, atm due to lack of free time I am not expanding my mods.
  9. kankan

kankan Active Member

Hello Ragtek,
    Just setup your ragtek Latest Posts Header Block_2.0.0 RC hack. Thank you.
    Is there anyway to display the members little avatar in front of their name ?

10. James

James Well-Known Member

Ragtek is no longer a user here, and this question should be in the relevant thread for more accurate support.