1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is 'Content IP'

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jose Amaral Mota, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

Can not figure where that information is from... It is generated by product software?
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It is the IP that the person that made the post was using. It is recorded by the software, not generated.
  3. Jose Amaral Mota

Then this ip is from software and not from user... This member does not have any content posted, as I am retrieving this from 'Current Visitors' page.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In that respect it's their current IP address.
  5. Jose Amaral Mota

Odd, then how would one know that is own Internet Protocol (IP) address? I know that what is showing at the moment is not even close to what my computer is displaying.... Can you do me a favor and confirm if this is what is shown on my content here in XenForo...

Internet Protocol (IP) 50.93.XXX.XX

I wonder if the router with WLAN enabled is causing this... my computer is wired in, but router is now enabled to pick-up wireless devices within my home....

[Edit: Mar. 04/2011 10:05 am mst] Yes, that is what is going on... WLAN enabled has my ip showing up completely different then it was just a few days ago...
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's the same IP address as you've posted.
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I see.. Glad you got it sorted.

Yes IPs do change and it can be a bit confusing at times with regards to wireless.
  8. Ace

Ace Member

Surely every device connected to that router will, at any given time, display the same IP when viewed from outside that network.. the IP given to the router when it connected to the Exchange.
  9. Laric

Laric Active Member

Technically not a router. But a NAT'ing firewall. A router doesn't masq the traffic from one side to the other.