XF 2.2 Who/what is Content reporter?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
Just recently, I have started getting a few reports on posts in various threads that are shown as being reported by "Content reporter".

There is no member by that name. The Guests usergroup cannot report posts (set to No previously; then set to Never - still happens).

The reports are not random. They are legitimate reports and the reasons for reporting are genuine so the reports are not malicious.

So:
  1. How is this happening? How can a non-logged in member or a non-registered guest report a post?
  2. Where does the username "Content reporter" come from?

Just recently, I have started getting a few reports on posts in various threads that are shown as being reported by "Content reporter".

There is no member by that name. The Guests usergroup cannot report posts (set to No previously; then set to Never - still happens).

The reports are not random. They are legitimate reports and the reasons for reporting are genuine so the reports are not malicious.

So:
  1. How is this happening? How can a non-logged in member or a non-registered guest report a post?
  2. Where does the username "Content reporter" come from?
Why not search phrases for "Content reporter"?
I did and I also have "Report Improvements" installed.

This is part of Report Improvements. Ensure you've given the relevant report centre permissions (view reporter's usernames I think it is) to the groups which can view the report centre. It default grants these to the standard moderator/administrator groups but depending on permission setup this might not be enough.

Top Bottom