RM 2.0 What is best way to make Icons bigger

ibaker

I have been able to make the icon for each resource entry bigger at 100px x 100px to match the same size as in the Featured List but not sure if it is the best way to do it i.e. in terms of image quality etc

This is what I need:
1.webp

I did it like the image above by placing the following in the xfrm.less template at the bottom just above the @media:
CSS:
.structItem-cell--iconExpanded .structItem-iconContainer .avatar {
    width: 100px;
    height: 100px;
}

.structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon.structItem-cell--iconExpanded {
    width: 111px;
}

.structItem-cell--iconExpanded .structItem-iconContainer .structItem-secondaryIcon {
    width: 32px;
    height: 32px;
}

So can anyone say if this is the best way to achieve larger resource items icons?

Thanks

I'm wondering if this should still work almost 2 years later, found another thread after searching but it's even older, my icons are round, I'd like them to be bigger and square or rectangle (pinball machines), if possible.

Another problem, replaced the default icon: resource_icon.png with a different image which is the same size and name, read other threads but the icon hasn't changed. Do I have to rebuild a cache or perhaps it only applies to new resources?

Thank You ibaker, I tried it earlier but found errors in the server log and just discovered it was because I stupidly included the "CSS:"
They are bigger now, wondering if you know how to make them square or rectangular, mine are round.

In case anyone still knows how to replace the default icon image, I replaced it and even removed it but the same image is showing, tried updating caches, uploading new files, etc. I read in other threads that replacing the image should work but no luck so far.

Thank You

To change the appearance of the image from round to square for example change the following in my code:

From
Code:
}
To:
Code:
    border-radius: 0;
}
If you want it to have a nice semi rounded corners change the border radius from 0 to say 10% or whatever you want to make it. Changing it to 50% will make the image round like you currently have but personally I like either 5% or 10% (as shown in my above post image)...whatever suits your needs from 0 for square to ?

It's wonderful, Thanks again ibaker, i tried to increase to 120px but the icon started to invade the download title.
This change is important and will save bandwidth, my old VBulletin program had big thumbnails on the index and category pages.

For my site, screenshots, thumbs and now icons are very important, they usually determine whether the file is downloaded or not.
Much Better!
Screenshot_2020-02-21 Resources1.png

Last edited:
This is great - I have been wanting to do this for a long time. All works great apart from the image is looking washed out and is not sharp - How can I fix that?

Top Bottom