What icon for THANKS? Other than thumb up and smile?

Stuart Wright

Looking for inspiration for an icon to use as a Thanks button in the post ratings system.
Thumb up is for Like.
Smile is for Funny.
What can I use for 'Thank You' please?

Looking for inspiration for an icon to use as a Thanks button in the post ratings system.
Thumb up is for Like.
Smile is for Funny.
What can I use for 'Thank You' please?
That's a tough nut...symbolically it is hard to say thank you, when trying to come up with something I think in terms of face to face and when I think of genuine thanks, I picture an extended hand and a slight bow from the neck, or a specific look in someones face when you can tell they are thankful. For an icon that would be tough to make and make it fit.

All I can think of is an envelope with a thank you card something like this here (don't mind the crudity please..just scraped it together out of some stock and some quick PS edits.)

thanks.webp

That's a tough nut...symbolically it is hard to say thank you, when trying to come up with something I think in terms of face to face and when I think of genuine thanks, I picture an extended hand and a slight bow from the neck, or a specific look in someones face when you can tell they are thankful. For an icon that would be tough to make and make it fit.

All I can think of is an envelope with a thank you card something like this here (don't mind the crudity please..just scraped it together out of some stock and some quick PS edits.)

View attachment 51804

I think that would convey nicely myself. Is this for the Post Ratings add-on? If so, It might be difficult to get the wording in such a small area which would be the main restriction I can see at a glance.

But I do like the envelope idea and think it sends that message of a thankful nature.

Because (thanks to Facebook) people recognise thumbs up as Like.

Might work if you can get it recognisable in a 16x16 pixel icon.

Does it really have to be 16px in width? I think you could compromise if that icon is slightly more width since it won't cause any alignment issues not like if you say adjust the height. I've done the same for some of my icons which I wouldn't have been able to design if I didn't slightly got over the 16px width so it might be worthwhile making a compromise to get that most appropriate icon if it's 2-3px over in width.

I want to try and keep things simple so I'm going with the Post Ratings Winner icon for now: award_star_gold_2.webp
Until a brilliant alternative comes along.
Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom