What I did this weekend

MattW

I'm a keen runner, and have been doing it for the last 3 years now.

This weekend was the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon in the UK, so me and the wife went away for the weekend and I ran this race yesterday. I also ran it last year, and managed 1:45:00
Silverstone Half.webp
silverstone Strava.webp

I came 640 out of 6188 people, and I managed to get 5 Personal Bests during the race

My official finish time was 1:38:08, but the GPS reading for the actual half marathon distance was 1:37:37

Couple of pics the wife took:

Me and the wife
silverstone1.webp

Start of the race
silverstone2.webp

and after I'd finished with the finishers medal
silverstone3.webp

Awww.. you're such a cute couple :D

Great going man! that is a brilliant result, you must be very pleased with that!

Well done - so did you actually run around the F1 race track (as opposed to starting at the track and running around the local area)?

Looks like a LOT of runners too - do you know how many entrants there were?

[Edit: Oh, and I'd love to cycle around it - just to say I've done it ... ;) ]

Well done - so did you actually run around the F1 race track (as opposed to starting at the track and running around the local area)?

Looks like a LOT of runners too - do you know how many entrants there were?
Yeah, you get to go all around the race track, down the pit lanes etc. I'll do a screen capture of the route against a satellite image rather than a map so you can get an idea of the route.

6188 people did the race

:eek: - won't have been many empty bits of track with that many people chugging along. :)
There were still people at the 7 mile mark (just over half way) when we were leaving the grounds. Just had a look at the results table, and the last person to finish did it in 4 hours 37 minutes

Here is the route against Google maps
map.webp

Cool Matt. Now my weekend also had exercise - a gentle walk and a swim. thats good going for me.
The rest of my weekend exercise was X certificate ;)

Top Bottom