What happens to my site seo if I move to xenforo?

pie

I run a pretty big board using vb 3.8 - I like it, and I'm at (massive) pains to make a move to vb 4, I don't trust it at the moment, and the delays with rolling out upgrades have caused me stress and have held me and my community back, but my traffic is growing, and a few times recently the server has locked up as a result of load.

But I've raised the issue of load in the past, and it's still an outstanding issue (although this has impressed me).

But I'm wondering about links and seo - I use vbseo with my vbulletin installation for nice urls which are well established in Google. If I upgrade my site to xenforo, will all those links break, or is there some way to ensure users coming to an old thread will be directed to the new one (similarly for the crawlers).

Genuinely apprecaite the work put in by you folks so far!

I run a pretty big board using vb 3.8 - I like it, and I'm at (massive) pains to make a move to vb 4
Then at the risk of stating the obvious, simply stay as you are. Why make work and stress for yourself moving to anything else, be it vb4, xf, or whatever ?

But I'm wondering about links and seo - I use vbseo with my vbulletin installation for nice urls which are well established in Google. If I upgrade my site to xenforo, will all those links break, or is there some way to ensure users coming to an old thread will be directed to the new one (similarly for the crawlers).
I stand to be corrected, but afaik, there are no redirection scripts available for boards that used vbseo, so your links would all break.

Make a test sandbox ... don't jump head first :)
I think it's a good idea to start planning your xF move now, so when the stable supported release is out all you have to do is press few buttons and you are good to go.
So I say start testing and planning the move now

Top Bottom