XF 1.2 What happens if someone has multiple upgrades

Mr Lucky

I just noticed on my forum, some people purchased more than one upgrade, so they are running together with different end dates. This could be through generousity or forgetfulness.

What happens when the first one ends? Will they be downgraded or will the system wait for the last upgrade to end?

Each upgrade is separate - the same upgrade can't be purchased again until it has expired.

You can prevent other upgrades being purchased using the Disabled User Upgrades option for each upgrade.

You can prevent other upgrades being purchased using the Disabled User Upgrades option for each upgrade.

Thanks, yes I just noticed that in the manual.

However are you able to say what will happen to the current multiple upgrades I have, ie will the first expiring one cause a downgrade even while a later expiring on is active?

The first one expiring will cause a "downgrade" though I'm not 100% sure if that's the specific thing you were asking.

If your situation is that a person has purchased upgrade A and B that both add them to group C, they will not be removed from C until both expire. Of course, if upgrade A adds them to group C and D, then they would be removed from D as soon as it expired.

The first one expiring will cause a "downgrade" though I'm not 100% sure if that's the specific thing you were asking.

If your situation is that a person has purchased upgrade A and B that both add them to group C, they will not be removed from C until both expire. Of course, if upgrade A adds them to group C and D, then they would be removed from D as soon as it expired.

here is what happens

upgrade A is identical to upgrade B except it costs more.

So they both add them to group C for a year.

So say the user has both, but upgrade A expires on Jan 1, upgrade B they bought later and expires on march 1.

At what point are they downgraded out of group C, on Jan 1 or March 1?

Top Bottom