1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the thread preview?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by pablo escobar, Aug 10, 2010.

1. pablo escobar

pablo escobar Member

I thought when I first came to the forum, and you hovered the cursor over the thread title, it showed a snip of the first thread content.....

Now, it shows a vbtooltip of go to first post.

That's lame, if that functionality has been taken away. Is there a poll somewhere where a moran wanted it to be more like vB?
  2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

It did? As far as I know, the tooltip has ALWAYS been there. Thread preview has already been requested.
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Thread previews are implemented? I thought they weren't here yet (which is why there's a suggestion thread to have them added). :confused:
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I remember somebody requesting thread previews very early on... meaning it wasn't ever here. You're remembering wrong. :p The way it is now is how it's been since they opened the forum.

Actually, in vBulletin, hovering over the thread title does show a preview. ;)
  5. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

Why does people want it to be like vB?
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

In this case, it has nothing to do with wanting to be like vB. It's a very handy feature, that makes perusing threads much easier. I can often tell by the thread preview (if it exists) whether or not I want to open the thread.
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It has been asked and I agree, in some way/shape/or forum. Possibly a right click/hover/click on box...
  8. pablo escobar

pablo escobar Member

Maybe I'm confusing thread preview with the forum description......

Hover over a forum name, and the forum description rotates into view.